Employee Communications and Engagement Manager
Pure Storage is building the data platform for the cloud era. Powered by innovative software and supported by a customer-friendly business model, our all-flash array drives are effortless, efficient and evergreen.
Customers like the San Francisco Giants, British Airways, Domino’s Pizza, Hyatt Hotels, LinkedIn, UC Berkeley and SoftBank use Pure to accelerate new data-driven applications, mining novel insights about their businesses, while substantially reducing costs, latency and complexity.
Our portfolio of all-flash solutions include FlashArray for structured data, FlashBlade for unstructured data and FlashStack – in partnership with Cisco - for converged workloads. All of our products are built on Pure1, our mobile, cloud-based data platform.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, consistently outgrowing our rivals. And we consistently see customer satisfaction scores well above every other company in the enterprise technology sector. Our financial results can be found here.
Pure Storage, which went public on the New York Stock Exchange in 2015, offers an opportunity to work in a competitive, rewarding high-growth environment. We’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds - but with a single-minded commitment to building the next great data platform. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun - and we’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
About the Role:
Pure seeks a highly experienced Employee Communications and Engagement Manager to join our fast paced, fast growing and fun company. This individual will be responsible for strategic design, development, management and execution of employee communications and engagement programs that inform, inspire and fuel employee passion for Pure.
What You Will Be doing:
It’s an exciting time to be at Pure. We’re growing quickly and our team of talented employees is ever increasing. You’ll develop and execute on employee communications and engagement strategies that scale our vibrant culture across our growing global team, seek out and share the stories that make us who we and create engagement activities that connect employees to our vision, values and culture. You will have the opportunity to jump in, get creative, do different things every day, work with fun, brilliant people who are out to make a difference, be an expert, learn and grow your career, and make a huge impact on our people, culture and organization.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and drive company-wide internal communications and engagement programs that inspire and connect employees to Pure’s purpose, culture and values
- Provide strategic counsel on communications approach, messaging and positioning, and influence stakeholders as needed to ensure communications are compelling, culturally resonant and aligned to the needs of employees and company goals.
- Own and drive Pure’s internal communications channel/content strategies -- a key responsibility will be driving our HUB 2.0 intranet strategy and developing written, video and digital stories that inspire and connect employees.
- Partner with colleagues in Human Resources to develop inspiring programs and messaging around culture initiatives like new hire orientation, employee voice survey, and recruiting, to help us continue to attract and retain top talent.
- Build partnerships with key internal stakeholders such as Engineering, Sales, Brand, Facilities and others to develop and support company-wide plans and initiatives.
- Collaborate with team on employee engagement events including company All Hands, leadership coffee chats, company picnic, kids’ day, etc., to create community and delight, and celebrate Pure’s culture and values.
- Lead, manage and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced, nimble environment
- Ensure employee communications and engagement activities are globally minded, culturally resonant and consistent with Pure’s external communications and brand.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Creativity and vision: You’ve built communications and engagement programs that drive business outcomes and inspire employees. You’re innovative and scrappy, and take pride in your ability to make something out of nothing.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you’re known for building strong relationships up, down and across organizations.
- Strategic acumen: You see the big picture and you’re able to counsel and connect dots for leadership, business partners and employees. You understand how your contributions drive culture, support our values and shape employees’ experience.
- A passion for storytelling: You possess the creativity, curiosity and drive to learn our business, get out and meet employees across the company, dive into Pure’s culture, and find, develop and showcase the stories that make us who we are.
- Pride in your work: You’re a word lover with excellent writing skills and an admirably nerdy obsession with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- A strong left brain (too): You’re able to distill and synthesize complex data and ideas into simple, concise and meaningful information. You’re organized, timely and a master of prioritization and project management.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment because you see it as a opportunity to learn, grow and build something great together. Pure is growing fast and your work will directly influence our culture and empower employees to move from today into the future.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in internal communications or related field
- Proven track record developing and executing employee communications and engagement plans at high growth companies
- Post-graduate or professional degree
- Communications experience in the technology industry
- Experience in branding and campaign experience, including development of internal communication programs that include conceptualizing and creating written, visual (presentations, videos, infographics) and digital/social content
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Job ID: #LI-CB1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top