Domestic Tax Analyst
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
This position will report to the Senior Manager of Domestic Tax and will primarily be responsible for compliance, audit, accounting and cross-functional duties related to domestic transaction taxes such as sales and use tax, property tax, and other local jurisdictional taxes. In addition, this position may also assist in supporting our VAT filings which are prepared by external service providers. As part of cross-training and career development, this position will also assist in calculating the annual state apportionment and related analysis. This person may also from time to time assist in certain income tax projects and audit.
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform all phases of the sales/use tax function including compliance and controversy
- Coordinate with service providers in the filing of property tax in multiple jurisdictions
- Provide sales/use tax analytical support for capital projects, procurement activity and assessing taxability of new product and services offerings.
- Manage and maintain tax interface software (Avalara) system
- Regularly communicate with Ops and A/R teams tax law changes impacting sales & use tax
- Liaise with Ops, A/R, Order Admin in streamlining business processes affecting transaction taxes
- Assist in the filing of VAT in certain foreign jurisdictions
- Perform monthly account reconciliation of transaction tax accounts
- Perform nexus analysis and registration in new jurisdictions
- Prepare and calculate state apportionment
- Assist in various income tax projects
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field of business
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience in the field of Tax, Accounting or Finance
- Sales & Use tax experience a plus
- Previous experience working in public accounting or in private industry
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area but across the globe.
Pure Is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. We also consider qualified individuals with criminal histories, consistent with and subject to applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top