Director Technical Support
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
Our ability to provide a differentiated customer support experience is a key pillar to the Pure Storage promise. At Pure Storage we believe a great product is only ½ the battle; a great support experience is just as important. If anything goes wrong, or if you just have a question about how things are supposed to work, just pick up the phone, send us an email, or log into Cloud-Assist. Our support team will make sure your questions are answered or we'll work with you to make it right.
Pure Storage is seeking a Director for our new office opening in Singapore. In this role you will lead and scale our Tier 2 support and escalations team which works on the most complex and challenging customer and partner issues and is the last step in resolving those issues before they are escalated to Development. The goal of this organization is to be the front-line helping our customers solve problems quickly and efficiently. This position is ideal for the strong, deeply technical senior support leader looking to take the next step in their career and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture.
What You Bring To The Team
- Minimum 10 years experience in customer facing technical support work
- 5-7 years of management experience, with at least 4 years of second or third-level management experience
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and presentation) in English. Second language is preferable.
- Track record of recruiting and developing a strong team and leadership bench.
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, complaints and issues utilizing appropriate internal and external resources
- Proven technical troubleshooting and fault isolation skills in a multi-platform-system-vendor environment
- Experience in supporting both hardware and software products, and triaging issues and escalating them to either the hardware or software groups
- Prior support or development experience for storage or related mission critical enterprise product company is preferred
- Willingness to travel to the US headquarters for a full month of training and travel across APJ region to visit customers and partners.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top