Director, Sales Events
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, design and produce events while managing or working with Pure Events virtual team on all project delivery elements within time limits & budget. SKO, Mid-year SKOs, Accelerate, company-wide events are examples of virtual team efforts.
- Liaise with Pure management & cross functional events teams to identify their needs and to ensure high quality events
- Be the Sales/Sales OPs key contributor to the virtual cross-organizational Events team for the company
- Conduct market research, gather information and if needed by the core Events team, negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality special guests, audio-visual and any other necessary equipment, promotional material etc.
- Qualify staff requirements and, if needed by the core Events team, coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems during the event days
- Conduct pre and post event evaluations and report on outcomes for constant improvements
- Research market, identify event opportunities, present options to key stakeholders and support interest generation for the events
What you bring to the table:
- Proven event management experience
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive internal & external business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- MS Office proficiency
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
- College degree preferred
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top