Director, Product Marketing, FlashBlade
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re inspired by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful strength to be unleashed - a strength that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to LinkedIn.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
As the Director of Product Marketing for FlashBlade, you will be tasked with owning and driving Pure Storage's FlashBlade marketing strategy. Your core responsibility will be to generate an active pipeline of prospects to support and drive sales for FlashBlade, and ultimate success in this role will be measured by the size and growth of our pipeline. You will be a key leader for the product marketing team who will communicate the value proposition of our new scale-out flash storage product to customers, partners, and the market at large. You will personally be responsible for the product marketing for the FlashBlade eco-system.
The Ideal Candidate
This role is expected to be knowledgeable about the NAS market and ecosystem, with an understanding of how 100%-flash storage can be a game-changer for file and object environments. Core knowledge of storage hardware and software is a must, and the knowledge of key opportunities for all-flash storage is desirable. You have a deep understanding of servers, networking, and infrastructure management software; as well as how different application ecosystems may benefit from 100% flash storage. You will take ownership of our core product marketing and will work cross-functionally with FlashBlade solutions marketing, product management, sales, corporate marketing, and alliances teams to drive key deliverables to enable sales, demand generation, and thought leadership. You will learn and contribute to all aspects of product marketing – authoring compelling collateral using differentiated product positioning, participating in evangelization of value through analysts, press, and social media, enabling sales and alliances, and showcasing customers’ success.
You are an extremely motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision in our hyper-growth environment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collateral Creation—You will create all marketing collateral for Pure's FlashBlade product and support, including a wide range of internal and external content such as customer presentations, product data sheets, sales scripts, FAQs, videos as well as white papers. You will deliver external-facing case studies, ROI and solution papers based on customer interviews, and internal content such as sales scripts, competitive briefings, and market trends and monitoring reports. You will create and maintain all product content for the company website.
- Collaboration with Solutions Marketing—You will enable FlashBlade solutions marketers create industry vertical and use-case oriented solution messaging and content that builds upon core FlashBlade product messaging and content.
- Collaboration with Marketing Communications—You will work with analyst relations, press relations, and customer advocacy to participate in creation of specific messages for analyst and media briefings, product evaluations, and public case studies. You will conduct customer and partner interviews to generate case studies as well as capture requirements.
- Demand Generation—You will work closely with the Demand Gen, Events, and Field Marketing teams who are responsible for lead generation campaigns and go-to- market events and programs to ensure that all of the marketing collateral at these campaigns, programs and events is consistent in overall branding, message and details; also ensure that all sales tools and collateral at these events and programs are up-to- date and complete.
- Collaboration with Product Management and Engineering—You will work closely with product management, solutions architecture and engineering teams to translate the technical vision into marketing communications as new products are introduced. You will work with product management to build compelling product demos.
- Competitive Strategy—You will track and monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that the company collateral and website accurately reflects the latest, differentiated product positioning.]
- Sales/Field Support—You will create sales collateral and train sales teams on messaging and positioning. Maintain collateral library and guide field sales on its use.
- Thought Leadership—You will write blogs, tweets, and engage in all aspects of social marketing to promote thought leadership and brand.
- Public Speaking—You will represent the company in small and large public speaking events in your area of expertise.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing, solutions marketing, and/or product management with a focus on storage, including the application of flash within storage
- Experience or expertise in some of FlashBlade's primary use-cases, including but not limited to; Big Data analysis, Tech Computing, Simulation and visualization, and file and object storage.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Outstanding written communication skills; skilled at writing various types of collateral with demonstrated ability to write product literature, customer interviews, case studies and white papers
- Strong, analytical thinking and clear, demonstrated oral communication skills to present the content to various sales, engineering and support staff
- Strong initiative and follow-through skills with high attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated ability to work individually on projects and as collaborate as a supportive team member
- Exhibit high degree of creativity with a penchant for driving results
- Make good decisions even in the absence of some desired information
- Enthusiastic, diligent, highly productive, and high integrity
- Capable of/willing to do basic market research and analysis
- Experienced at managing and delivering on time with multiple concurrent priorities
- Willing to travel both domestic and international.
- Technical undergraduate degree in computer science or related field; MBA a plus
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Extraordinary medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to
- name a few!
#LI - POST
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top