Director of Product Marketing, Pure1
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Marketing Team at Pure
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
As the Director of Product Marketing for Pure1, you will be tasked with owning and driving Pure Storage's management, support, and analytics marketing strategy, connecting prospects with our core message of intelligent, self-driving storage. Your core responsibility will be to generate an active pipeline of prospects to support and drive sales for our core products FlashArray and FlashBlade, and ultimate success in this role will be measured by the size and growth of our pipeline. You will also contribute to the product and monetization strategy for Pure1, helping us figure out the right for-profit offerings to introduce. You will be a key leader for the product marketing team who will communicate the value proposition of Pure1 to customers, partners, and the market at large. You will personally be responsible for the product marketing for the Pure1 eco-system.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is experienced with SaaS delivery and usage analytics, both for past performance and feature consumption as well as for future prediction. You have a deep understanding of servers, networking, and infrastructure management software (including cloud management software). You are excited to solve the challenge of multi-cloud, full-stack workload visualization, active management, analytics, and support – through to autonomous self-driving operation and optimization.experience are strongly desirable.
Knowledge and experience with SAN, NAS, and object storage markets and ecosystem are strongly desired. You will take ownership of our core product marketing and will work cross-functionally with FlashArray and FlashBlade product and solutions marketing, product management, sales, corporate marketing, and alliances teams to drive key deliverables to enable sales, demand generation, and thought leadership. You will learn and contribute to all aspects of product marketing – authoring compelling collateral using differentiated product positioning, participating in evangelization of value through analysts, press, and social media, enabling sales and alliances, and showcasing customers’ success.
You are an extremely motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision in our hyper-growth environment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collateral Creation—You will create all marketing collateral for Pure1, including a wide range of internal and external content such as customer presentations, product demos, product data sheets, sales scripts, FAQs, videos as well as white papers. You will deliver external-facing case studies, ROI and solution papers based on customer interviews, and internal content such as competitive briefings, market trends and monitoring reports. You will create and maintain all Pure1 content for the company website.
- Collaboration with Solutions Marketing—You will enable solutions marketers create industry vertical and use-case oriented solution messaging and content that builds upon core Pure1 product messaging and content.
- Collaboration with Marketing Communications—You will work with analyst relations, press relations, and customer advocacy to participate in creation of specific messages for analyst and media briefings, product evaluations, and public case studies. You will conduct customer and partner interviews to generate case studies as well as capture requirements.
- Demand Generation—You will work closely with the Demand Gen, Events, and Field Marketing teams who are responsible for lead generation campaigns and go-to-market events and programs to ensure that all of the marketing collateral at these campaigns, programs and events is consistent in overall branding, message and details; also ensure that all sales tools and collateral at these events and programs are up-to-date and complete.
- Collaboration with Product Management and Engineering—You will work closely with product management, solutions architecture and engineering teams to translate the technical vision into marketing communications as new products are introduced. You will work with product management to build compelling product demos. And you will collaborate to define next-gen capabilities and monetization strategies.
- Competitive Strategy—You will track and monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that the company collateral and website accurately reflects the latest, differentiated product positioning.
- Sales/Field Support—You will create sales collateral and train sales teams on messaging and positioning. Maintain collateral library and guide field sales on its use.
- Thought Leadership—You will write blogs, tweets, and engage in all aspects of social marketing to promote thought leadership and brand.
- Public Speaking—You will represent the company in small and large public speaking events in your area of expertise.
What You Bring To The Team
- 15+ years of experience in product marketing, solutions marketing, and/or product management with a focus on point product as well as cross-portfolio management consoles and UX.
- Experience or expertise with, and marketing into, some of Pure’s primary use-cases, including but not limited to; Mission-critical workloads like Oracle, SAP, SQL, and Epic; Big data analysis, AI, ML and deep learning; Simulation and visualization, and file and object storage.
- Experience marketing SaaS solutions
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding written communication skills; skilled at writing various types of collateral with demonstrated ability to write product literature, customer interviews, case studies and white papers
- Strong, analytical thinking and clear, demonstrated oral communication skills to present the content to various sales, engineering and support staff
- Strong initiative and follow-through skills with high attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated ability to work individually on projects and as collaborate as a supportive team member
- Exhibit high degree of creativity with a penchant for driving results
- Make good decisions even in the absence of some desired information
- Enthusiastic, diligent, highly productive, and high integrity
- Capable of/willing to do basic market research and analysis
- Experienced at managing and delivering on time with multiple concurrent priorities
- Willing to travel both domestic and international.
- Technical undergraduate degree in computer science or related field; MBA a plus
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top