Director of External Reporting and Technical Accounting
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Head of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting. This person will be responsible for overseeing the team as well as doing hands on technical accounting and SEC reporting.
- Perform technical research on complex accounting issues and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners under US GAAP and IFRS
- Draft and maintain global accounting policies and memos
- Keep business partners abreast of developments in accounting and financial reporting and related firm policies and positions through issuance of various publications, training sessions, and other meeting forums
- Manage and prepare SEC filings and quarterly earnings releases
- Manage the accounting for stock-based compensation...treasury accounting (ASC 815)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10-15 years of relevant experience from public accounting and/or public multinational high-tech companies
- Experience working in a technical accounting or similar role
- Excellent understanding of GAAP accounting principles with a strong knowledge of SEC reporting regulations, revenue recognition and lease accounting principles
- Ability to work with senior management and influence decision making
- Excellent project management, oral communication, analytical and written skills
- Interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
Job ID: #LI-AR1
Back to top