Director of Benefits
Pure Storage is building the data platform for the cloud era. Powered by innovative software and supported by a customer-friendly business model, our all-flash array drives are effortless, efficient and evergreen.
Customers like the San Francisco Giants, British Airways, Domino’s Pizza, Hyatt Hotels, LinkedIn, UC Berkeley and SoftBank use Pure to accelerate new data-driven applications, mining novel insights about their businesses, while substantially reducing costs, latency and complexity.
Our portfolio of all-flash solutions include FlashArray for structured data, FlashBlade for unstructured data and FlashStack – in partnership with Cisco - for converged workloads. All of our products are built on Pure1, our mobile, cloud-based data platform.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, consistently outgrowing our rivals. And we consistently see customer satisfaction scores well above every other company in the enterprise technology sector. Our financial results can be found here.
Pure Storage, which went public on the New York Stock Exchange in 2015, offers an opportunity to work in a competitive, rewarding high-growth environment. We’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds - but with a single-minded commitment to building the next great data platform. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun - and we’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
About the Role:
Reporting into the Head of Rewards, this leader will drive the strategic design, development, management, implementation, and administration of global benefits programs in the US and over 20 international countries at Pure Storage.
You will serve as a proactive subject matter expert, an innovative thinker, strong relationship builder, and business partner - facilitating business solutions through your functional and technical expertise.
What You Will Be doing:
- Designs, develops, and manages the administration of employee benefits worldwide, including oversight and governance.
- Advises and informs management on the state of benefits worldwide, demonstrating an understanding of the market dynamics, key competitor benefit plan design, and industry trends. Uses competitive market data to develop and implement strategic plans for enhancing and optimizing benefits value and delivery.
- Ensure that all worldwide employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, time off, and retirement, etc., are administered and managed appropriately, including annual Open Enrollment processes and renewals.
- Ensure benefits are communicated in a meaningful and relevant manner that engages and educates employees and their families helping them understand how to efficiently use their benefits and the value they provide.
- Ensure all plans are administered in compliance with government regulations where Pure operates. In the US this includes management of all compliance, filings, reports, and audits related to the administration of employee benefit programs either directly or through vendor/partners. Ensure all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions are complete and updated, 5500 Filings are filed accurately and in a timely manner, discrimination testing has been conducted, and oversee annual plan audits.
- Ensure that all Time Off and Leave Programs around the world are managed in compliance with local, state/provincial, and national laws.
- Prepare worldwide annual budgets and monitor benefit-related expenses to ensure adherence to budget.
- Partner with Global Benefits Brokers/Consultants and vendor partners to ensure benefits are designed competitively and delivered efficiently and effectively with the highest levels of service.
What You Bring to the Team:
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Business Administration and/or Human Resources
- MBA or MA in HR-related field highly preferred
- PHR/SPHR certification desirable
- Experience supporting high-growth technology company
- 10+ years of overall HR experience with 7+ years of experience focused in domestic and international benefits design and management
- Solid business acumen and strategic thinker with excellent grasp of the financial and economic drivers of the overall business
- Ability to develop a global long-term benefits strategy that is aligned with the critical priorities of the business
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong collaborative relationships/partnerships within the company (e.g. business leaders, HRBPs and COEs, Finance, Payroll, IT, Internal Audit) and with external vendor partners.
- Highly articulate with outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and strong executive presence
- Results driven professional with demonstrated track record of developing and executing strategies and displays a sense of urgency
- People management experience not essential but would be a plus
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, and free yoga classes, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. In addition, we support a diverse and inclusive environment through Pure Equality and our Employee Resource Groups. We also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe, through the Pure Good Foundation.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top