Desktop Support Specialist
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
IT at Pure
Pure's IT organization has over 30 employees located across the US and EMEA, with a majority of the team residing in Mountain View, CA. The IT team is a core part of Pure Storage's company-wide daily operations, but they also know how to have fun! The team gets together for off-site events, lunches, and office Nerf-Gun wars!
Yousuf Khan leads the org as the CIO, and Dave Lavelle is the IT Manager; together they have built an amazing group of people who are proud to be part of the IT team!
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide hardware and software support for local and remote users
- Resolve user issues in Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows & Ubuntu Linux
- Support telecommunications technologies, including Fuze and Zoom
- Perform user account management and app assignment
- Troubleshoot issues to help solve IT problems for employees
- Conduct repairs on systems as needed to keep things up and running
- Provide systems and network support in conjunction with the Network team
- Perform removal of malware and other security threats
What You Bring to the Table
- 1-2 years desktop support experience or computer centric degree
- Possess a helpful spirit and friendly demeanor with a desire for continuous learning and development
- Okta administration experience strongly preferred
- AD administration experience a plus
- Background administering and working with common cloud based enterprise systems including but not limited to:
- Google Suite
- Office 365
- Experience using IT ticketing system required (ServiceNow preferred)
- Mobile Device Management skills (AirWatch and JAMF Pro)
- Mobile OS experience including iOS & Android
- Additional certifications are a plus
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities for Individual Development and Career Growth
We host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Job ID: #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top