Data Scientist EMEA
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
- Be a product Subject Matter Expert for Pure EMEA
- Build the Pure brand in the product vertical through a range of channels
- Enhance the Pure technology stack to improve efficiency, performance, agility with the product
- Work closely with PM, Marketing, Engineering, CSG and global SA team to build the product capability with Pure technology
- Train internal SE community (incl. partners) to enhance their skills and knowledge with the product - the ‘why Pure’ message
- Present the Pure capability at industry vertical and product specific events
- Build (or enhance) social media presence to increase Pure mindshare with the product user base
- Create written collateral to build a repository of high quality research and consumer material for Pure with the product
- In-depth product experience from a user perspective, ideally at enterprise scale
- Strong consultancy/soft skills for customer engagements, 1:1 and many presentations, creation of high-quality written documentation and presentation material; blog presence a plus rather than a requirement
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis, automation, performance analysis of the product vertical
- Software development skills in Python, PowerShell, O/S utilities a plus
- Travel 50% of role to vertical events, EMEA customers & prospects, engineering teams in California
- Global perspective is important, including requirement gathering and adopting pan-theatre working practices
- Multi-lingual in European or Eastern languages a strong plus
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
- Discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytic skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results to customers. The role also requires focus on data quality and accuracy metrics to ensure high quality of results and insights both through commercially available toolsets as well as through software development in associated technologies such as Torch, Caffe, TensorFlow, MXnet, R, Python etc.
- Candidate should have deep experience deploying and managing big-data and Hadoop applications at scale (100s of TB), especially the ability to architect a big-data system combining multiple technologies that are well-suited for a given use-case. Highly-desired application experience in OSS technologies including Spark, NoSQL databases (MongoDB/Cassandra), ElasticSearch, Kafka, Kubernetes, Mesos, and Hadoop/HDFS. A bonus if candidate has experience deploying these types of systems both in cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google) and on-premises.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefit programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top