Cloud Security Software Engineer
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, cloud enhanced, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of tomorrow.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build enterprise systems technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to LinkedIn.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a deep background in web applications security to take a technical leadership role helping ensure our cloud based manageability suite is the most secure in the industry. Leverage your deep background in cloud service development, security engineering, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, and secure authentication technologies as an integral member of our development team. You will work closely with cross-functional teams helping to design and implement the product end-to-end, from specification to ship, with a close focus on customer use case and both technical and environmental security scenarios.
Specifically you will:
- Technically lead a team that contributes to defining, designing and implementing cutting edge cloud services with an over-arching mandate for security.
- Work with product management and across engineering to help identify and address potential security concerns in and around the suite of services.
- Mentor other engineers in software development, security technologies, and secure development processes.
- Contribute to our overall collaborative development process
What You Bring to the Team
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years experience in web service software architecture and development.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with security specific technologies.
- Strong familiarity with modern web penetration testing and vulnerability analysis tools and techniques.
- Deeply proficient in security related protocols such as SSL/TLS and related libraries.
- Experience in authn/authz methodologies such as tokens, certificates, security scopes and roles
- Ability to successfully contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill
- Patient, energetic and calm under pressure
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best enterprise systems company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- Exceptional medical benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
- Commuter benefits for public transit and bicycle commuters
- A stipend, reissued every 3 years, to buy whatever workplace tools (computer, screens, wireless headphones, desks, chairs, etc) you like
- Free lunches, dinners, and fully stocked snacks & beverages
- Lounge areas with ping pong, foosball, pinball, and arcade games
- Company ski trips, boat parties, BBQs, happy hours, game nights... just to name a few!
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top