Cloud Security Architect
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Architect with a deep background in web applications security to take a technical leadership role helping ensure our cloud based manageability suite is the most secure in the industry. Leverage your deep background in cloud service development, security engineering, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, and secure authentication technologies as an integral member of our development team. You will work closely with cross-functional teams helping to design and implement the product end-to-end, from specification to ship, with a close focus on customer use case and both technical and environmental security scenarios.
Specifically you will:
- Technically lead a team that contributes to defining, designing and implementing cutting edge cloud services with an over-arching mandate for security.
- Work with product management and across engineering to help identify and address potential security concerns in and around the suite of services.
- Mentor other engineers in software development, security technologies, and secure development processes.
- Contribute to our overall collaborative development process
What You Bring to the Team
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years experience in web service software architecture and development.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with security specific technologies.
- Strong familiarity with modern web penetration testing and vulnerability analysis tools and techniques.
- Deeply proficient in security related protocols such as SSL/TLS and related libraries.
- Experience in authen/authorz methodologies such as tokens, certificates, security scopes and roles
- Ability to successfully contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill
- Patient, energetic and calm under pressure
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Job ID: #LI-AH1-EVR
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top