Alliance Marketing Manager
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Marketing Team at Pure
Puritans (as those of us @PureStorage call ourselves) have gathered from various backgrounds, and we thrive on challenging the norm. Our cross pollination of backgrounds has led to numerous ground breaking ideas, helping us to build reliable and easy to use storage systems, including our FlashArray//m®, FlashBlade®, and our converged infrastructure platform in partnership with Cisco® called FlashStack™. We strive to hire the best and brightest people who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We seek enthusiastic, passionate individuals who can solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
We are looking for a creative, high-energy alliances marketing manager to effectively develop and administer joint marketing plans with our technology partners. In this role, you will work collaboratively with many cross-functional teams to build comprehensive go-to-market plans with joint messaging, content development, PR/AR/social media strategy and execution, event strategy and execution, sales and channel readiness, and demand generation.
Key to success in this position is experience across a full range of marketing: corporate, event, and field as well as product and solution marketing, along with the ability to discern and define common objectives and joint value of alliance partnerships. Your alliance marketing plans will track such metrics as lead funnel management, channel engagement, social media awareness, joint pipeline development, and partner-influenced revenue. With your demonstrated success in these areas, we look forward to working with you!
What You Will Be Doing
- Co-develop joint partner go-to-market plans; lead the development of the marketing element components and execution of those plans
- Team with the Pure Storage field marketing geography teams on regional joint alliance partner activities, including joint solution programs with channel partners
- Develop success metrics and dashboards for internal reporting
- Manage and report on the alliance marketing budget, including co-marketing funds
- Drive internal and external communications, including internal and external websites
- Coordinate and maximize partner involvement in events where Pure Storage is participating
- Develop and manage inbound MDF programs and technology partner incentive programs
- Garner alliance partner support for major Pure Storage announcements and launches
- Support alliance partner participation at the annual Pure//Accelerate technology conference
What You Bring to the Team
- 5+ years experience in an enterprise marketing role within the tech industry
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Track record working with sales, channel partners, field/global marketing, and customers
- High energy and passion with a “can do” attitude
- Sense of urgency and ability to execute (startup time)
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
- Understanding of the storage industry, business applications, virtualization, and/or cloud, and their dependency on storage
- Previous experience working with Pure Storage technology alliance partners such as Cisco, Citrix, Commvault, Intel, Microsoft, SAP, Veeam, VMware, and others. Review our Technology Alliances here.
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or other relevant discipline desirable, not required
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our employees to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top