Account Executive, SLED (Washington/Oregon)
We’re here with the humble aspiration to accelerate the speed of human progress with our radically simple, all-flash enterprise storage technology. We’re driven by our belief that storage isn’t just a place to put things, it’s a powerful force to be unleashed - a force that will remove the limitations on those building the world of today, so they can erase the word “impossible” from tomorrow. Our all-flash storage solutions offer radically simple technology to help companies unlock their future possibilities, today.
Our founders created the company with a passion to build storage technology customers love and deliver it with simplicity and service that fundamentally changes the enterprise storage experience. Founded in 2009, our record revenue growth has landed us among a very select group of companies. Today, customers and industries across the world are experiencing the benefits of going Pure - from Barclays to Linkedin.com and ConocoPhillips, Pure adopters cover a broad spectrum from global consumer brands, to healthcare, education and finance.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
- Drive new business within the State & Local Government and Education (SLED) accounts.
- Knowledge of Naspo ValuePoint and other Government contracting agencies
- Managing the sales process to align with the specific buying cycle for the agency or institution
- Drive satisfied customers while maintaining an accurate forecast and working with multiple channel partners.
- Generating revenue and working closely with a network of Channel Partners to successfully sell the Pure Storage solution.
- Building a business case and establish value: develop and present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates the ability of the Pure Storage solution to meet specific SLED customers’ business objectives and justify the sale.
- Drive account strategies matched to the uniqueness of the SLED market, and coordinate team selling efforts with partners to close business on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Prospecting: proven track record of penetrating large SLED accounts, reaching decision-makers, and closing business.
What You Bring To The Team
- Consistent track record of exceeding quota and driving referenceable public sector business in Storage.
- Clear understanding around SLED budgeting and buying cycles
- A healthy network of SLED oriented alliance partners to build a strategic GTM plan alongside
- Generate revenue and work closely with a network of SLED proficient Channel Partners to successfully sell the Pure Storage solution.
- Building a Business Case and Establish Value: develop and present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates the ability of the Pure Storage solution to meet the customers’ business objectives and justify the sale.
- Prospecting: proven track record of penetrating accounts; reaching decision-makers and closing business.
- Ability to assess, plan, and actively manage mid-level SLED accounts to achieve maximum revenue and efficiency.
- Passionate about post-sales customer success.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Desire to drive change and evangelize new technologies in a way that resonates with the Public Sector.
- Proficient with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 7 years Direct Enterprise Selling Experience to SLED agencies, including state, cities, counties, and educational institutions
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment experience is key, a mix of large company and startup experience.
- Knowledge of the storage industry specifically: Fibre Channel, NFS, and Enterprise Storage architectures.
- Competitive attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to enthusiastically represent the company.
- Knowledge of Virtual Server environments and RDBMS/OLTP.
Culture & Perks
Pure is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is who we recruit to join us and how we work together. Our culture was shaped organically as our early team poured their heart and soul into Pure’s first generation product and supporting our early customers and partners. We expect each employee to approach their job at Pure with the same level of pride and care, and perpetuate the values that are making us the best storage company in history.
At the center of those values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best and create a workplace where they thrive and enjoy. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits.
Job ID: #LI-AR1
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
Technical Lead, Engineering Operations
Chris oversees the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering, Release, and Q&A Teams in order to ensure the company delivers the highest quality products in the shortest time period possible.
Back to top