Account Executive, SLED
Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Sales Team at Pure
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross-pollination of backgrounds led to numerous groundbreaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast-paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real-world problems while having fun along the way.
The sales organization consists of over 800 employees globally. Under David Hatfield, the President of Global Sales and Marketing, there are several sales teams covering areas such as Inside Sales, Sales Operations, Americas East and West, and International Sales including EMEA and APJ.
This is a large, fast-paced org that is constantly expanding parallel with Pure's company-wide growth. Sales is an exciting team that offers an excellent opportunity for people seeking potential career growth.
Pure Storage is seeking a SLED (State, Local and Education) Sales professional with a proven ability to exceed assigned quota, prospect and close accounts, and build new relationships with potential customers. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to develop relationships with Channel Partners that drive revenue, as well as, relationships with customers from end users to the line of business to the CxO.
This position will be located in our Central territory selling into Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Ohio.
What You Will Be Doing
- Drive new business within the State & Local Government and Education accounts.
- Knowledge of NASPO and other Government contracting agencies
- Managing the sales process to align with the specific buying cycle for the agency or institution
- Drive satisfied customers while maintaining an accurate forecast and working with multiple channel partners.
- Generating revenue and working closely with a network of Channel Partners to successfully sell the Pure Storage solution.
- Building a business case and establish value: develop and present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates the ability of the Pure Storage solution to meet specific SLED customers’ business objectives and justify the sale.
- Drive account strategies matched to the uniqueness of the SLED market, and coordinate team selling efforts with partners to close business on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Prospecting: a proven track record of penetrating large SLED accounts, reaching decision-makers, and closing business.
What You Bring To The Team
- Consistent track record of exceeding quota and driving referenceable public sector business in Storage.
- Clear understanding around SLED budgeting and buying cycles
- A healthy network of SLED oriented alliance partners to build a strategic GTM plan alongside
- Generate revenue and work closely with a network of SLED proficient Channel Partners to successfully sell the Pure Storage solution.
- Building a Business Case and Establish Value: develop and present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates the ability of the Pure Storage solution to meet the customers’ business objectives and justify the sale.
- Prospecting: a proven track record of penetrating accounts; reaching decision-makers and closing business.
- Ability to assess, plan, and actively manage mid-level SLED accounts to achieve maximum revenue and efficiency.
- Passionate about post-sales customer success.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- The desire to drive change and evangelize new technologies in a way that resonates with the Public Sector.
- Proficient with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 7 years Direct Enterprise Selling Experience to SLED agencies, including state, cities, counties, and educational institutions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment experience is key, a mix of large company and startup experience.
- Knowledge of the storage industry specifically: Fibre Channel, NFS, and Enterprise Storage architectures.
- Competitive attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to enthusiastically represent the company.
- Knowledge of Virtual Server environments and RDBMS/OLTP.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we support our engineers in moving around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefit programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Meet Some of Pure Storage's Employees
As part of Pure Storage’s UI Team, Colton and his peers handle all the different ways customers manage their storage, ensuring the company’s offering meets their needs.
Back to top