VP, Finance and Strategic Planning
About the role.
The VP, Finance & Strategy is a key member of PURE's leadership team reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The primary goal of this position is to optimize the organization's ability to identify, evaluate and execute against strategic opportunities. This person will provide critical support for PURE's investment and capital management efforts while managing the annual budgeting, strategic planning, and management reporting & analysis.
What you'll do.
- Strategic Planning . Work closely with the leadership team to identify, prioritize, and execute against strategic opportunities. This will include the support and enhancement of state planning efforts led by product management, the evaluation and optimization of human and capital resource allocation, and the integration of these items into annual budgets and long-term strategic plans. Success will require both the facilitation of planning efforts with field and operational leadership as well as the independent evaluation and recommendation of strategic opportunities.
- Budgeting. This process involves working with field, operational and executive leadership to forecast revenue, optimize expenses, and prioritize investments. This will involve the management of a budgeting model, scenario stress-testing, and integration with accounting for management reporting.
- Management reporting and analysis. Work with accounting to design and distribute monthly management reports. However, not just putting numbers to paper but crafting a story around the data with a point of view.
- Variance to budget
- Cash flow analysis
- Profit analysis
- Key performance indicators
- Investments & capital management. Support the CFO and the Investment Committee in the development and execution of investment strategies. Lead financial and capital modeling activities regarding strategic analysis, Board of Director Presentations, and rating agency / regulatory reporting. Ad hoc projects at request of Sr. Management.
What we're looking for.
- Analytical and modeling experience is a must. Advanced MS Excel & Access skills is table stakes.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to drive process improvements and develop analytical/reporting tools
- Financial services experience (insurance industry is preferred, but not required)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Minimal requirement of a BS degree, an MBA is strongly preferred
Meet Some of PURE Insurance's Employees
President & CEO
Ross is the founder and CEO of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies. Under his leadership, the company has experienced unprecedented growth since 2006 and has earned recognition for its company culture, innovative products, and more.
Back to top