Underwriting Analyst Training Program, Summer 2018 (multiple locations)
Underwriting Analyst Training Program
Privilege Underwriters Reciprocal Exchange (PURE) is a purpose-driven and customer-obsessed organization focused on growth. We provide comprehensive property and casualty insurance exclusively in the high net worth market and serve over 65,000 members nationally. We exist to make our membership smarter, safer, and more resilient so they can pursue their passions with greater confidence.
Since PURE's inception in 2006, we have grown by a rate of 30%+ each year, and expanded to 10 office locations and over 550 employees nation-wide. At PURE, you'll have the opportunity to work with emotionally intelligent, curious and innovative colleagues, while developing your career and making a direct impact on our business. We invest in developing our employees professionally and personally and recognize and reward success. As an employer, we are deeply committed to providing our employees with a career that is part of a fulfilling and passionate life.
PURE has been recognized for its financial strength, leadership team, and achievements in business and corporate culture. The AM Best Co. rated PURE an A - (Excellent). We've been named in Fortune Magazine's 30 Best Places to Work in Financial Services, Great Places to Work® in the Financial Services & Insurance category, & Great Places to Work® for Women among others. Within the industry, PURE was named Best Insurance Product Provider at The Family Wealth Awards
The Underwriting Analyst role is a dynamic role heavily focused in broker interactions, designed to provide outstanding analyst support while being challenged to meet our high standards of responsiveness, accuracy, efficiency, exceptional service and regulatory compliance.
Analysts take part in a 3 month paid, comprehensive, team-oriented & fun-filled training program beginning in summer 2018 at our White Plains, NY headquarters to gain a strong foundation in high net worth property and casualty insurance- this includes learning about PURE products, solutions, and the successful practices that shape our organization and differentiate us from our competitors. The training program provides exposure to our Underwriting function among other facets of our business and will lead to full-time positions in Underwriting. Upon completion, analysts will be based out of our Chicago, IL; Roswell, GA; or White Plains, NY offices.
As an underwriting professional, a typical day might include:
- Developing, maintaining and managing broker partnerships in specific states and/or territories
- Developing strategies, goals, and tracking progress of state/territories by delivering exceptional, timely, complete and accurate service to brokers
- Learning how to manage a field of brokers to attain company growth, new business, and profitability goals
- Operating within authority and documentation guidelines and following up on accounts
- Analyzing, assessing, and selecting risks with an empathetic and profitable mindset in line with PURE's strategy and underwriting guidelines
- Being challenged on assignments that may require a quick turnaround
- Attending trainings and workshops to further develop both personally and professionally during your career in insurance
- Being recognized for exceptional performance
- Playing a game of ping pong in our café
- Knowing your efforts are truly valued and appreciated
- You are entrepreneurial, persistent, and capable of prioritizing multiple tasks
- You possess strong analytical skills
- You have an established and strong academic, professional, and recreational profile that demonstrates the ability to work in a fast paced environment where multitasking and organizational skills are required
- You are interested in a fast-growing and innovative insurance carrier that specializes in the high net worth market
- You exhibit excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and oral communication skills
- You demonstrate sound, balanced and timely decision making skills
- You can work independently but thrive in a collaborative atmosphere exhibiting team spirit & enthusiasm
- You demonstrate integrity, empathy, urgency and can quickly establish trust & credibility
- You are an agile, creative, and adaptable learner who can quickly absorb information and apply it to current business situations
We are seeking bright individuals with ambitions as high as our own. Come join us.
PURE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of PURE Insurance's Employees
President & CEO
Ross is the founder and CEO of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies. Under his leadership, the company has experienced unprecedented growth since 2006 and has earned recognition for its company culture, innovative products, and more.
Back to top