Underwriter, Excess and Surplus Lines
About the role.
The E&S Underwriter is a key member of the Underwriting team that is building out PURE Programs, LLC, a Managing General Underwriter, that is specifically designed for successful individuals and families with unique exposures that require an Excess & Surplus (E&S) solution and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Privilege Underwriters, Inc., both members of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies.
What you'll do.
- Broker Partnership - Development, maintenance and management of broker partnerships; development of strategies and goals for brokers and tracking of progress; and positioning the program within an agency, including:
- Delivering exceptional, timely, complete and accurate service to brokers.
- Developing trusted, respected and lasting relationships with broker partners.
- Sharing knowledge and best practices with brokers, crafting the best solutions for their clients.
- Underwriting empathetically at all times.
- Underwriting Execution - Responsible for new business underwriting execution, including selecting and pricing risks in line with PUI's strategy and underwriting guidelines, operating within authority and documentation guidelines and following up on accounts and closing new business.
- Franchise Management - Maintain a command of assigned book of business, brokers and the market. Set goals and key priorities to maximize the value of their franchise and track and report on performance to plan.
- Business Management - Develop and maintain a clear view of market conditions and competitive landscape and our value proposition. Contribute ideas and perspective to the team as we learn, improve and drive toward our objectives.
What we're looking for.
- Prefer 3+ years underwriting experience, with a preference for any of the following: (1) High net worth personal lines underwriting experience; (2) Excess and surplus lines property underwriting experience; and/or (3) underwriting experience in a managing general agency (MGA) operation.
- Sound, balanced and timely decision making skills.
- Drive and a desire to learn, grow and drive improvement in the organization.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment.
- A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Back to top