Underwriter, Excess and Surplus Lines
Underwriter, Excess and Surplus Lines - Roswell, GA
PURE Programs, LLC, a Managing General Underwriter, is specifically designed for successful individuals and families with unique exposures that require an Excess & Surplus (E&S) solution and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Privilege Underwriters, Inc., both members of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies. We are seeking a dynamic & energetic Underwriter to join a fast-paced, high growth team. The Underwriter role will be based out of Roswell, GA and will be a key member of an underwriting team that is building this segment of the business from the ground up.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Broker Partnership - Development, maintenance and management of broker partnerships; development of strategies and goals for brokers and tracking of progress; and positioning the program within an agency, including:
- Delivering exceptional, timely, complete and accurate service to brokers
- Developing trusted, respected and lasting relationships with broker partners
- Sharing knowledge and best practices with brokers, crafting the best solutions for their clients
- Underwriting empathetically at all times
- Underwriting Execution - Responsible for new (and later, renewal) underwriting execution, including selecting risks in line with PUI's strategy and underwriting guidelines, operating within authority and documentation guidelines and following up on accounts and closing new business.
- Franchise Management - Maintain a command of assigned book of business, brokers and the market. Set goals and key priorities to maximize the value of their franchise and track and report on performance to plan.
- Business Management - Develop and maintain a clear view of market conditions and competitive landscape and our value proposition. Contribute ideas and perspective to the team as we learn, improve and drive toward our objectives.
- Minimum 2-3 years underwriting experience, with a preference for any of the following: (1) High net worth personal lines underwriting experience; (2) Excess and surplus lines property underwriting experience; and/or (3) underwriting experience in a managing general agency (MGA) operation
- Sound, balanced and timely decision making skills.
- Drive and a desire to learn, grow and drive improvement in the organization
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills,
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment.
- A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
PURE is a policyholder-owned insurer providing best-in-class, customizable coverage throughout the U.S for high-value homes, automobiles, jewelry, art, personal liability and watercraft. Inspired by some of the finest mutual and reciprocal insurers in the world, PURE emphasizes alignment of interests and transparency for its members. PURE's low cost of capital, careful member selection, and proactive risk management all contribute to highly competitive rates. As a member of The PURE Group, PURE is rated A- "Excellent" for Financial Strength by A.M. Best.
We offer a full range of comprehensive benefits, including base salary, paid time off, medical, dental, commuter benefits, life insurance and a matching 401k program.
If you are naturally curious, self-motivated and an eager learner with the passion to be a part of an exciting growth company, we encourage you to apply. PURE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of PURE Insurance's Employees
President & CEO
Ross is the founder and CEO of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies. Under his leadership, the company has experienced unprecedented growth since 2006 and has earned recognition for its company culture, innovative products, and more.
Back to top