About the role.
The Underwriter is a key member of the underwriting team reporting to the Regional Underwriting Manager. The primary goal of this position is to profitably grow a book of business by actively partnering with Agents and working effectively with colleagues throughout the organization. This person will plan and budget for the book of business, develop and maintain agency relationships, and execute underwriting decisions.
What you'll do.
- Business Management. Planning and budgeting for the book of business, tracking and reporting performance to plan, and developing a clear view of market conditions and competitive landscape.
- Broker Partnership. Development, maintenance and management of agent partnerships; development of strategies and goals for agents and tracking of progress; and positioning PURE within an agency, including:
- Deliver exceptional, timely, complete and accurate service to agents
- Develop trusted, respected and lasting relationships with agent partners
- Work with agents to craft best solutions for their clients
- Share knowledge and best practices with agents
- Underwrite empathetically at all times
- Underwriting Execution. Responsible for new and renewal underwriting execution, including selecting risks in line with PURE's strategy and underwriting guidelines, operating within authority and documentation guidelines and following up on accounts and closing new business.
- Underwriting Referrals. Responsible for delivering excellent referral service to more junior Underwriters on the Underwriting team, and assisting in their development.
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years high net worth underwriting experience
- Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in sales and marketing
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners; including insurance Broker.
- Experience developing and executing on marketing plans and prospects
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment
- Sound, balanced and timely decision making skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software
Back to top