About the role.
The Underwriter is a key member of the underwriting team reporting to the Alliance Channel Underwriting Manager. Our Alliance Channel Group is responsible for managing a select few strategic partnerships with a national reach as well as our PURE Advisors broker unit. The primary goal of this position is to help profitably grow the book of business by actively partnering with the existing relationships and working effectively with colleagues on the team and throughout the organization. This person will develop and maintain key channel relationships, and execute underwriting decisions.
What you'll do.
- Business Management. Tracking and reporting performance to plan, and developing a clear view of market conditions and competitive landscape.
- Alliance Partnerships. Development, maintenance and management of channel partnerships; work with the Underwriting Manager to develop growth strategies and goals for the team and tracking of progress; and positioning PURE within the individual relationships, including:
- Deliver exceptional, timely, complete and accurate service to partners
- Develop trusted, respected and lasting relationships with partners
- Work with brokers to craft best solutions for their clients
- Share knowledge and best practices with brokers
- Underwrite empathetically at all times
- Underwriting Execution. Responsible for new and renewal underwriting execution, including selecting risks in line with PURE's strategy and underwriting guidelines, operating within authority and documentation guidelines and following up on accounts and closing new business.
What we're looking for.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 1 year of high net worth underwriting experience
- Demonstrated proficiency of insurance products
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners; including insurance Broker/Agents.
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment
- Sound, balanced and timely decision making skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software
Meet Some of PURE Insurance's Employees
Ross B.President & CEO
Ross is the founder and CEO of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies. Under his leadership, the company has experienced unprecedented growth since 2006 and has earned recognition for its company culture, innovative products, and more.
Back to top