Training Program: Member Advocate
2019 Training Program (February Start)
About the role.
The Member Advocate opportunity is a dynamic role immersed in customer interaction, designed to provide outstanding service while being challenged to meet our high standards of responsiveness, accuracy, efficiency, exceptional service and regulatory compliance.
Member Advocates begin their jobs with PURE in a paid, comprehensive & team-oriented training program beginning in February 2019 at our White Plains, NY headquarters. The purpose of the training is to gain a strong foundation in high net worth property and casualty insurance- this includes learning about PURE products, solutions, and the successful practices that shape our organization and differentiate us from our competitors.
Upon completion of training, Member Advocates obtain state licenses and designations and will be based out of our Scottsdale, AZ or White Plains, NY office.
As a Member Advocate, a typical day might include:
- Being the first notice of loss for a claim assignment from our valued members
- Determining coverage, damages reserve and resolving claims while managing vendor activities appropriately in a timely manner
- Ensure efficient and quality customer interactions when responding to inquiries involving members, agents and vendors to result in high member and agent satisfaction
- Attending trainings and workshops to further develop yourself both personally and professionally in your insurance career
- Collaborating with your colleagues to handle and resolve selected first and third party claims
- Processing transactions in claim and policy administration systems & inputting claim data for reporting purposes
- Being challenged on assignments that may require a quick turnaround
- Receiving messages of immense gratitude from members who had a seamless and wonderful experience as a result of your work
- Playing a game of ping pong in our café
- Going home feeling that you are helping our members become more resilient in their time of need and playing an active role in ensuring they return to normalcy
This career is for you if:
- You have, at a minimum, successfully completed a Bachelor's degree by the start of the training (January 2019)
- You are entrepreneurial, persistent, and capable of prioritizing multiple tasks
- You have great listening & communication skills through both phone and email
- You demonstrate integrity, empathy, urgency and can quickly establish trust & credibility
- You are passionate about customer service
- You can work independently but thrive in a collaborative atmosphere exhibiting team spirit & enthusiasm
- You have established an impressive academic, professional, and recreational profile that demonstrates the ability to work in a fast paced environment where multitasking and organizational skills are required
- You are interested in a fast-growing and innovative insurance carrier that specializes in the high net worth market
Others who started as a Member Advocate have gone on to:
- Excel within the Claims path and become a Claims Representative, Property Claims Representative, Sr. Member Advocate, Performance Improvement Analyst, Performance Improvement Consultant, Member Advocate Team Lead, or Member Advocate Manager
- Support our Risk Management team as a Risk Management Associate or Director of Risk Management Operations
- Shift to our Field Sales team and work as a Sales & Marketing Manager
- Join our Marketing team as a Member Experience Analyst
- Help our Underwriting and PURE Programs teams as an Underwriting Admin or Underwriter
We are seeking bright individuals with ambitions as high as our own. Come join us.
PURE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of PURE Insurance's Employees
Ross B.President & CEO
Ross is the founder and CEO of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies. Under his leadership, the company has experienced unprecedented growth since 2006 and has earned recognition for its company culture, innovative products, and more.
Back to top