Summer Training Program: Underwriting Analyst
Underwriting Analyst Summer 2019 Training Program
About the role:
The Underwriting Analyst role is a dynamic role heavily focused in broker interactions, designed to provide outstanding analyst support while being challenged to meet our high standards of responsiveness, accuracy, efficiency, exceptional service and regulatory compliance. This opportunity is perfect for any upcoming graduate (Spring 2019) looking to start their career in insurance.
Analysts begin their careers with PURE in a paid, comprehensive & team-oriented training program environment. The training program begins in summer 2019 at our White Plains, NY headquarters and seeks to provide new employees with a strong foundation in high net worth property and casualty insurance- this includes learning about PURE products, solutions, and the successful practices that shape our organization and differentiate us from our competitors. The training program provides exposure to our Underwriting function among other facets of our business and will lead to a full-time position in Underwriting.
Upon completion of training, analysts will be based out of our Basking Ridge, NJ; Charleston, SC; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Roswell, GA; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; Scottsdale, AZ; or White Plains, NY offices.
As an underwriter, a typical day might include:
- Developing, maintaining and managing broker partnerships in specific states and/or territories
- Managing a field of brokers by delivering exceptional, timely, complete and accurate service to brokers to attain company growth, new business, and profitability goals
- Analyzing, assessing, and selecting risks with an empathetic and profitable mindset in line with PURE's strategy and underwriting guidelines
- Being challenged on assignments that may require a quick turnaround
- Attending trainings and workshops to further develop both personally and professionally during your career in insurance
- Being recognized for exceptional performance
- Playing a game of ping pong in our café
This career is for you if:
- You have, at a minimum, successfully completed a Bachelor's degree by the start of the training (summer 2019)
- You are entrepreneurial, persistent, capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and possess strong analytical skills
- You have established an impressive academic, professional, and recreational profile that demonstrates the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You are interested in a growing and innovative insurance carrier that specializes in the high net worth market
- You exhibit excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and oral communication skills
- You demonstrate sound, balanced and timely decision making skills and show integrity, empathy, urgency and can quickly establish trust and credibility
- You can work independently but thrive in a collaborative atmosphere exhibiting team spirit and enthusiasm
- You are an agile, creative, and adaptable learner who can quickly absorb information and apply it to current business situations
Others who started as an Underwriting Analyst have gone on to:
- Stay within the underwriting path and become a Sr. Underwriter, Underwriting Manager, Underwriting Specialist, or Regional Underwriting Manager
- Shift to our Field Sales team and work as a Sales & Marketing Manager, Regional Business Development Executive, or Regional Executive
- Help our growing specialty programs, such as yacht & watercraft or PURE Programs as an Underwriter, Yacht Underwriter, Sr. Underwriter or Underwriting Manager
- Join our Product Development team as a Product Analyst
- Support our Executive team as a Corporate Strategy Analyst
We are seeking bright individuals with ambitions as high as our own. Come join us.
PURE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top