Senior Internal Auditor
- White Plains, NY
About the role.
PURE Insurance is seeking a highly engaged and experienced audit professional with strong technical and interpersonal competencies to contribute to the Internal Audit Team's mission of being a value added Trusted Advisor and key contributor to the achievement of the PURE's strategic goals. This role will assist in providing objective assurance and advisory services in relation to PURE's risk management practices and apply a disciplined and unbiased approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of key processes and controls while protecting the assets and reputation of PURE. The Senior Internal Auditor will report to the Director of Internal Audit and be based at our White Plains, NY headquarters.
What you'll do.
- Assist the Director, Internal Audit and conduct audits (planning, testing, issue identification, and reporting) for business operations within personal property & casualty businesses in a timely and professional manner
- Assess the effectiveness of Internal Controls, determines potential impact of control failures and recommend corrective actions to Business Managers
- Prepare, maintain, and update documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices, and PURE's Audit's methodology
- Ensure audit findings are discussed with management and appropriately tracked through remediation
- Work collaboratively with internal and external resources during audit engagements and foster a positive working environment
- Assist in continuous risk assessments and preparation of internal audit plan
- Use Data Analytics to drive efficient and effective testing; Lead or participate in special projects; and utilize auditor judgement and professional skepticism in decision making
- Assist or prepare departmental MI, Management reports, and Audit Committee reports.
What we're looking for.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance, Mathematics, or Business Administration. Professional certification a plus (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting, internal audit, accounting, or a combination thereof. Experience and knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance a plus
- Knowledge of risk assessment, accounting and auditing principles; understanding of internal control framework concepts, including Sarbanes-Oxley, Model Audit Rule, and GAAP best practices
- Ability to evaluate materiality of issues and see the big picture. Ability to utilize critical thinking by applying process analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving techniques
- Ability to multi-task and work on concurrent audits or special projects
- Advanced ability to write clear and concise work papers and experience writing reports
- Ability to build productive working relationships with co-workers, management and external parties.
- Advanced skills on MS Office applications; working knowledge on Audit software such as TeamMate; and Proficiency in data analytics.
- Ability to travel (15%-25%) if required
Back to top