Senior Business Analyst
- White Plains, NY
About the role.
The Senior Business Analyst will take the lead in identifying business and system requirements for PURE'S Policy Administration system as well as other integrated systems. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with strong analytical, communication and collaboration skills, and experience working in property and casualty insurance.
What you'll do.
Works across the organization as a "Trusted Advisor" to:
- Take the lead in eliciting, identifying, and evaluating business and system requirements for PURE's Policy Administration system as well as other integrated systems.
- Define and document clear and concise business requirements that describe business scenarios and processes in language understandable to both technical and domain stakeholders.
- Own the requirements through their full lifecycle. Ensure that requirements are clearly documented; reviewed and approved by the business community; managed and updated under change control; and developed, tested and implemented to meet the true business needs.
- Prepare user acceptance test (UAT) plans, scenarios, and test cases where applicable. Ensure the UAT plans, roles and responsibilities are well documented and communicated. Follow through with UAT testing resources to ensure timely completion and resolve issues found during UAT.
- Work closely with our internal IT team to assist in the analysis and resolution of production support issues, document them in Rally, and provide timely follow-up to questions from the Agile team.
- Mentor and provide guidance to Jr. IT personnel in all areas related to the SDLC in an Agile environment. This position will require that the candidate wears multiple hats and have a "rolls up your sleeves" mentality to help where needed.
- "Be in the moment" with our clients to help them identify unforeseen areas for improvement, whether a process improvement or a system enhancement.
- Liaise closely with Product Owners to manage expectations and deliverables. Use influence to ensure outcomes meet all of the stakeholders needs.
- This position requires interaction with all levels of management both internally and externally.
What we're looking for.
- Has 3+ years related work experience (preference for property and casualty insurance experience).
- Experience with metadata driven policy administration systems such as OneShield's Dragon policy administration system.
- Experience working with 3rd party insurance data sources and interfaces such as ISO, LexisNexis, IVANS, etc. as well as JIRA/Rally.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodology.
- Is self-motivated, "roll up your sleeves", a quick learner, and self-directed - willing to work hard to make their projects successful. Occasionally may include working some late hours in the office to meet project goals.
- Is not afraid to ask the tough questions that lead to optimal solutions in support of our customers' true needs and aligned with PURE's goals
- Needs only general instructions on work; can walk into a problem and analyze the underlying issue, and use judgment, creativity, and sound knowledge to develop and recommend solutions.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills; can confidently communicate and share past experience and knowledge.
- Is fluent with the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and Visio.
- Has intermediate SQL query abilities
Back to top