Regional Underwriting Manager
About the role.
The Regional Underwriting Manager is a key member of the underwriting team and reports dually to the Regional Executive and the Zonal Underwriting Manager. The primary goal of this position is to profitably grow a book of business by actively partnering with brokers, leading and developing an underwriting team, and working effectively with colleagues throughout the organization. This person will plan and budget for the book of business, develop and maintain broker relationships, and be accountable for the quality of underwriting decisions and execution.
What you'll do.
- Business Management. Work closely with the Regional Executive and Underwriting Executive on planning and budgeting for the book of business, tracking and reporting performance to plan, and developing a clear view of market conditions and competitive landscape within the Region.
- Underwriter Leadership. Lead and manage an Underwriting team, handling referrals for authority and coaching and developing team members.
- Underwriting Execution. Responsible for the Regions new and renewal underwriting execution, including selecting risks in line with PURE's strategy and underwriting guidelines, operating within authority and documentation guidelines, following up on accounts and closing new business. Conduct and report on quarterly self-audit.
- Broker Partnership. Develop, maintain and manage broker partnerships within the Region; development of strategies and goals for brokers and tracking of progress; and positioning PURE within an agency, including:
- Deliver exceptional, timely, complete and accurate service to brokers
- Develop trusted, respected and lasting relationships with broker partners
- Work with brokers to craft best solutions for their clients
- Share knowledge and best practices with brokers
- Underwrite empathetically at all times
- Recruiting: Participate in the sourcing, interviewing and hiring process of new team members.
What we're looking for.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. Management experience required.
- Demonstrated progression of increasing responsibility.
- A minimum of 10 years underwriting experience is required with some marketing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, exhibit leadership skill and enthusiasm, and establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to form effective and productive working relationships with independent insurance brokers.
Meet Some of PURE Insurance's Employees
President & CEO
Ross is the founder and CEO of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies. Under his leadership, the company has experienced unprecedented growth since 2006 and has earned recognition for its company culture, innovative products, and more.
Back to top