Large Account Specialist
- Chicago, IL
About the role.
The Large Account Underwriting Specialist is a key member of a zonal underwriting team. The Large Account Underwriting Specialist reports directly to the Large Account Underwriting Practice Leader with accountability to the region(s) for which they are aligned. The primary goal of this position is to profitably grow a book of business of $50,000+ accounts in annual premiums by actively partnering with brokers, field sales and marketing, and the underwriting team to generate leads and win accounts. The Specialist will plan and budget for the book of business, develop and maintain strong broker relationships, be accountable for the quality of underwriting decisions and execution, and help identify those capabilities needed to best serve large accounts.
What you'll do.
- Business Management. Work closely with the Regional Executive and Large Account Underwriting Practice Leader on planning and budgeting for the book of business, tracking and reporting performance to plan, and developing a clear view of market conditions and competitive landscape within the Midwest and Gulf Regions.
- Underwriting Execution. Responsible for the Regions' new business underwriting execution, including selecting risks in line with PURE's strategy and underwriting guidelines, operating within authority and documentation guidelines, following up on large accounts and closing new business. In conjunction with the RUMs, the Large Account Underwriting Specialist will also develop the acumen and build out the capabilities of the underwriting teams. Conduct and report on quarterly self-audit.
- Field Sales Partnership. Collaborate with the Sales & Underwriting teams to source large account opportunities, develop terms and engage with COI's, Brokers & Members. Develop, maintain and manage broker partnerships within the Regions including the development of strategies, goals, and tracking of progress; and positioning PURE within an agency for largest accounts.
- Exceptional Service, Empathy & Trusted Advisor: Partner with brokers to craft the best and creative solutions for their largest clients; share knowledge and best practices
What we're looking for.
- 5+ years HNW underwriting experience. A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Proven track record of strong broker partnership including extensive field travel and presence.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, integrity, creativity in problem solving, and establish trust and credibility.
- Regular Field Travel to Brokers in the assigned territories is required
Back to top