IT Product Owner
About the role.
The IT Produce Owner, known internally as the IT Service and Delivery Manager, is responsible for understanding the product vision, defining the required features to meet the vision, outlying the customer journey while also managing the delivery progress of the product features. This role will maximize the value produced by the team and ensure stories meet the user's needs, as well as play an integral part in coordinating projects among team members and outside vendors. This role will also help develop effective timelines and overcome roadblocks to see projects cross the finish line. The IT Service and Delivery Manager/PO will report to VP, IT Product Management.
What you'll do.
- Understand the product vision as outlined by the sponsoring business unit
- Work with the initiative owner and other stakeholders to define customer journey as well as well identify various features required to realize the product vision
- Work with the business stakeholders to provide solutions/options
- Create story mapping as well as be responsible for the feature backlog
- Work with the business analyst to define user stories and be responsible for the acceptance criteria
- Drive new products and features through the development process
- Make sure project meets deadlines and is completed within budget
- Act as the domain subject matter expert as well as the functional solution expert
- Guide and mentor scrum teams both in terms of prioritization as well as through the requirements process
- Review and test code to ensure it works properly
- Propose solutions to roadblocks through experience and expertise and escalate problems as appropriate
- Manage vendor relationships and be accountable for vendor delivery
- Work with the initiative owner to analyze post go-live metrics and make continuous improvements
- Work with the product manager to help with the overall roadmap
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor's degree in administration, business, management, or a related field
- Prior experience as a product owner or product manager or similar role
- Preference for experience in the property and casualty insurance experience
- Experience with agile/scrum methodology
- Self-motivated, "roll up your sleeves", a quick learner, and self-directed - willing to work hard to make their projects successful. Occasionally may include working some late hours in the office to meet project goals
- Not afraid to ask the tough questions that lead to optimal solutions in support of our customers' true needs and aligned with PURE's goals
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills; can confidently communicate and share past experience and knowledge
Back to top