About the role.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for providing objective assurance and advisory services in relation to the company's risk management practices. This role will apply a disciplined and unbiased approach in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of key processes and controls while protecting the assets and reputation of PURE. The Internal Auditor will report to the VP, Internal Audit and will be based out of our White Plains, NY headquarters.
What you'll do.
- Assist in the ongoing development of the Internal Audit function and perform day to day work to evaluate processes and controls to manage financial, operational, technology, and regulatory risks.
- Support the Internal Audit department to deliver independent objective assessments and recommendations that assist management in mitigating risk and improving PURE's internal control environment.
- Assist Internal Audit staff in planning, executing, and reporting on internal audit activities. Ability to create high quality work papers and reports.
- Work with Management to resolve issues and follow up on their action plans. Proven experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Perform or assist with testing of the company's internal financial reporting controls.
- Assist in performing the annual risk assessment with management and continually enhancing internal relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide strategic advice to management using internal audit skills that help preserve or improve enterprise value of PURE.
What we're looking for.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance, Mathematics, Project Management, or Business Administration
- 1-3 years of internal audit and/or insurance industry experience; high net worth insurance experience a plus
- Understanding of internal control framework concepts, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Model Audit Rule (MAR), and GAAP best practices
- Awareness of regulatory requirements and associated risks and controls for a US based personal lines insurance carrier preferred.
- Ability to communicate issues and findings that influence improvements to internal controls and processes
- Proficiency in PC applications, with ability to develop and apply spreadsheets, database and research tools.
- Proficiency with data analytic and data extraction tools.
- Project Management and PowerPoint proficiency a plus
- Knowledge of MS Access databases
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Visio)
- Professional certification a plus (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, etc...)
Back to top