Insurance Paralegal/Compliance Analyst
- White Plains, NY
About the role.
The Insurance Paralegal/Compliance Analyst will work within our Legal & Compliance department and help maintain legal and regulatory compliance through researching and communicating requirements, obtaining approvals, managing vendors, documenting processes and reporting results and measures of success.
What you'll do.
Research laws and regulations by reviewing various sources of legal information
- Compile information from internal and external sources and develop matrices and overviews
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing and leveraging information
- Draft correspondence, routine contracts, letters and memoranda
- Keep team members and other departments abreast of requirements by reporting and assisting in understanding of regulatory requirements, developing action plans, monitoring progress and deadlines, and documenting results achieved
- Support with vendor management
- Assist with various monitoring & reporting including DMV Errors, OFAC, HCRA, etc.
- Maintain and periodically update internal compliance resources
What we're looking for.
- 3+ years of experience within the legal department of a property & casualty insurance company
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, Westlaw and ODEN
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, curious and willing to develop stretch skills
- Excellent deadline management, analytical and research skills
- Concise, user friendly communication skills in all media, especially in writing and with visual tools
- Applies emotional intelligence skills in all aspects of work
- Highly detailed and organized, capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and consistently delivers good results
- Demonstrates integrity, thrives on a team, exhibits team enthusiasm and earns trust and credibility
- Internally and externally customer focused
- Self-starter able to achieve desired outcomes independently
- A paralegal certificate is preferred but not required
Back to top