Head of Program Strategy & Development
- White Plains, NY
About the Role:
PURE Programs is a managing general underwriter (MGU) designed to provide non-admitted and other specialized insurance solutions designed for the unique needs of high net worth individuals and families. We leverage much of the infrastructure behind Privilege Underwriters Reciprocal Exchange (PURE), including world-class risk management and claims services, to provide a highly differentiated experience for policyholders and their brokers. Policies are underwritten by independent insurers who are rated "A" or better for financial strength by A.M. Best.
As the Head of Program Strategy & Development, you will play a critical role in creating tremendous growth and diversification of the business by leading the research, design, and strategic development of various new specialty insurance programs=centered around the unique needs of the high net worth. . This position will report directly to the CEO of PURE Programs and work closely with the Chief Risk Officer of the PURE Group who has ultimate accountability for all reinsurance placements across the franchise.
How You'll Change Our Company's Results:
- R&D: Develop tremendous institutional knowledge surrounding various potential new high net worth program (product) offerings, including a deep understanding of the consumer profiles who would benefit from them, the leading experts and providers in the space, and macro trends likely to influence financial results;
- Strategy: Collaborate with our Underwriting & Product Management leaders to design the go-to-market strategy for new programs, inclusive of coverage and services offering, underwriting approach, and capital support (paper/fronting, reinsurance, etc.).
- Relationship Management: Handle complex negotiations with (re)insurance partners and serve as the firm's lead in relationship management with each new partner. Ensure they receive regular, timely reporting on the risk portfolio we manage for them. Partner with our legal team to ensure compliance with reinsurance governance.
- Corporate Development: Evaluate and selectively advance targeted acquisitions of relevant businesses and/or teams that will enable us to establish distinctive expertise and a leading position in desired classes of business.
- Continuous Networking: Partner with PURE Programs CEO and Group Chief Risk Officer to develop an extensive, ever-growing network of potential trading partners in the global insurance marketplace (U.S., London, Bermuda, etc.), directly and in collaboration with our reinsurance broking partner;
- Regularly collaborate with PURE's (admitted business) reinsurance placement team to share knowledge and create efficiencies.
What We're Looking For:
- Intellectual curiosity, team player, track record of seeing things others fail to see.
- 10+ years of relevant MGU, carrier or reinsurance experience with a solid understanding of underwriting, risk and pricing models, and niches/programs development. Related experience in the MGA/MGU space is strongly preferred;
- Proven ability to design, place and successfully manage (re)insurance programs and/or managing general underwriter (MGU) carrier relationships.
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree and/or designation in related field (ARe) is desirable.
- Excellent written, verbal and technical skills (inclusive of development of Underwriting Agreements)
- Strong negotiation, analytical, decision making, problem resolution and organizational skills;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Back to top