General Adjuster - North Carolina
About the role. We are seeking professional Property Claims Adjuster with a passion for customer service and a proven record of success. The position encompasses the delivery of flawless service to our members and independent agency partners, developing ease of doing business practices that result in efficient and timely operational support for the organization. The primary territory for this role is North Carolina with some surrounding territory coverage as needed. What you'll do.
- Handle claims in a quality manner delivering on standards of accuracy, efficiency, customer service and regulatory compliance.
- Represent the company in interactions with members, agents, as well as internal stake-holders in underwriting, product management and finance.
- Resolve claims and respond to inquiries involving members, agents, vendors (independent adjusters/appraisers, salvage, rental, car agencies), defense and plaintiff attorneys.
- First notice of loss and claim assignment.
- Determine coverage, damages, reserve and resolve claims.
- Handle subrogation on closed files.
- Appraise and assess new risks and some Catastrophe planning.
- Authority for making appropriate coverage determinations, reserve and resolving claims, status updates with agents, members and vendors as well as making reserve decisions on individual files, requests payments to pay loss cost or loss adjustment expenses.
- Individual may need to enter and access damaged buildings and climb ladders to assess roof damage.
- Individuals with 5+ years of experience in prior P&C claims
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- State adjuster licenses and CE credits must be maintained as required by state regulations.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel).
- Strong relationship management and customer services skills.
- Ability to inspect and assess properties.
- Ability to work independently.
- Consistent travel within an assigned territory to members' homes.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, analytical and solid problem solving skills; proficient in excel, word, web applications.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, exhibit team spirit and enthusiasm, and establish trust and credibility.
- Agile learner who can quickly absorb information and apply it to current business situations.
Meet Some of PURE Insurance's Employees
President & CEO
Ross is the founder and CEO of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies. Under his leadership, the company has experienced unprecedented growth since 2006 and has earned recognition for its company culture, innovative products, and more.
Back to top