General Adjuster - National Catastrophe
About the role.
We are seeking a General Adjuster -National Catastrophe Property, with a passion for customer service and a proven record of success. The position is of substantial importance to the business because it encompasses the delivery of flawless service to our members and independent agency leadership, developing ease of doing business practices that result in efficient and timely operational support for the organization. The Catastrophe General Adjuster is a key member of the claims team reporting to the National Catastrophe Manager. This position can be located in any city with quick access to a major airport.
What you'll do.
- Handle property claims in a quality manner delivering on standards of accuracy, efficiency, customer service and regulatory compliance. Covering the United States when unforeseen, large scale events strike.
- Be available to deploy within 24 hour notice for CAT tours, 365 days of the year on a re-occurring basis.
- During non-catastrophe durations handle claims as assigned in local territory or assist in high volume areas.
- Represent the company in interactions with members, agents, as well as internal stake-holders in underwriting, product management and finance.
- Resolve claims and respond to inquiries involving members, agents, vendors (independent adjusters/appraisers, salvage, defense and plaintiff attorneys.
- Exercise discretion to plan and implement settlement strategies using judgment.
- Advise senior management on challenges and develop action plans to manage them.
- Determine coverage, damages, reserve and resolve claims.
- Investigate for subrogation and make appropriate referrals
- Authority for making appropriate coverage determinations, reserve and resolving claims, status updates with agents, members and vendors as well as making reserve decisions on individual files, requests payments to pay loss cost or loss adjustment expenses.
- Individual may need to enter and access damaged buildings and climb ladders to assess roof damage.
- Perform Risk Management (pre-loss) Inspections as assigned in designated geographic territory
What we're looking for.
- Individuals with 5+ years of experience in prior P&C claims
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- State adjuster licenses and CE credits must be maintained as required by state regulations.
- Proficient in Xactimate.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel).
- Strong relationship management and customer service skills.
- Ability to inspect and assess properties.
- Ability to work independently and from a remote home office.
- Ability to be on call for 1-2 weeks a year for after-hours duty.
- Consistent travel within an assigned territory to members' homes.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, analytical and solid problem solving skills; proficient in excel, word, web applications.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, exhibit team spirit and enthusiasm, and establish trust and credibility.
Back to top