Director, Product Management
- Chicago, IL
About the role.
We are seeking a talented Director, Product Management to assist in the management of multiple products and states in support of our growth and profit objectives. The Director, Product Management to the Zonal Vice President, Product Management and will also have one or more direct reports.
What you'll do.
- Development of comprehensive state and/or regional strategies to drive the growth of assigned states while achieving target underwriting margin. Implementation of analysis and monitoring of state performance to ensure progress towards strategic objectives.
- Implementation of new products; maintenance and enhancement of existing products. Management of the rate review process, including the proposal, filing and implementation of all pricing and product changes. Demonstrate a solid knowledge of the regulatory environment and build strong relationships with regulators.
- Act as a product line expert and maintain a thorough knowledge of company product features and benefits as well as industry product trends. Provide product expertise to various internal areas, including underwriting, sales and marketing, claims, legal and finance.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitor actions, industry developments and Member needs and drive product innovation to meet the needs of PURE's target market.
- Development of team members within the Product team and across the organization.
What we're looking for.
- 7+ years progressively more responsible work experience in insurance product management required.
- Broad understanding of product, underwriting and distribution and how each impacts the other.
- Superior analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills with an ability to make data-based decisions.
- MBA and a prior Product Manager preferred, relevant work experience or Bachelor's degree required, preferably in an analytical field of study such as Economics, Finance, Math, Statistics or Banking
- High degree of personal organization and time management skills; Ability to work autonomously and in a self-directed manner and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- High Net Worth Personal Line Insurance experienced preferred, but not required
- Highest Level of integrity and honesty
Back to top