Director, Product Management
About the role.
We are seeking a talented Director, Product Management to drive product management of our Excess and Surplus High Net Worth Personal Lines business to support our growth and profit objectives. Our current products include homeowner's coverage for homes exposed to wildfire, homes rented to others, coastal homes, homes in the course of construction and renovation, and homes which are difficult to insure due to loss history. Our products are currently available in 12 states, and plans to add products and states are underway. A key member of the management team, the Director will report directly to the General Manager of PURE Programs. Preferred office location is in Roswell, GA, though other locations may be considered.
What you'll do.
- Lead and Manage the Product Team. Set direction, enroll and inspire the product team and manage to outcomes.
- Manage Products. Analyze and monitor product performance, claims, loss trends, market conditions and competitor actions to inform actions on pricing, coverage, risk management and underwriting to achieve targeted growth and profitability, while delivering industry-leading customer experience.
- Capacity and Aggregate Management and Planning. Monitor and report on capacity usage, aggregates and catastrophe modelled results in order to manage product writings to prescribed limits, and to project the need for additional capacity with enough lead time to develop capacity.
- Management Reporting. Report on key metrics to provide the management team with clarity on the current and future performance of products.
- Evaluate New Product Opportunities. Complete evaluations of new states and products and produce market and competitor analyses, estimated premium volumes, losses, and implementation costs for use in planning and prioritizing PURE Programs' expansion and growth opportunities
- Develop and Implement New Products. Lead the development of new states and products, creating an action plan with owners and milestones, developing the product and working with IT, Underwriting, Claims and other relevant functions to bring the new product to market successfully. Analyze early performance and make any needed adjustments quickly and effectively
What we're looking for.
- 5-10 years progressively more responsible work experience in insurance product management.
- Superior analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills with a deep intellectual curiosity and an ability to make data-based decisions.
- Entrepreneurial orientation, ability to assess markets with incomplete information and develop strategies to compete effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Agile learner who can quickly absorb information and apply it to current business situations
- D e mo n s trat e t h e hi gh est l e v els o f e th i c s, v al u es, a n d i n t e g rit y ; s / h e s h o u ld be h i gh ly respe c t e d within c u rre n t / p r e v i o u s o r g a n i z ati o n s as a t r u s t ed p r o f e s si o n al.
- Capable of deep empathy and understanding of the needs of our customers. You should be an advocate for customers and passionate about our mission.
- Must be able to lead through influence, rather than authority only. Collaborative and community-oriented; must be a team player and able to operate as a "player-coach."
- Relevant work experience or Bachelor's degree required, preferably in an analytical field of study such as Economics, Finance, Math, Statistics
- High net worth personal lines insurance experienced preferred, but not required
Back to top