Director, Internal Controls
- White Plains, NY
About the role.
PURE Insurance is seeking a highly engaged and experienced Risk & Controls professional with strong technical and interpersonal competencies to contribute to the development of Internal Controls programs, policies & practices; and Implement and enhance ongoing use of GRC software. This role will apply a disciplined and unbiased approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of key processes and controls while protecting the assets and reputation of PURE. The Director of Internal Controls, ideally based in our White Plains NY office, will report to Head of Internal Audit and also have a reporting relationship to the Chief Risk Officer.
What you'll do.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive internal control process to ensure compliance with all aspects of Sarbanes-Oxley Act, for financial, operational and IT controls; Statutory reporting requirements; and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Assess PURE's processes on a continuous basis against emerging best practices, perform appropriate benchmarking, conduct continuous process improvements, and identify/implement productivity enhancements.
- Assess the effectiveness of Internal Controls, determine potential impact of control failures, recommend corrective actions to Business Managers, and track remediation efforts.
- Prepare documentation in adherence to professional standards, best practices, and PURE's Risk Management framework; and support external auditors obtain assurance over SOX controls
- Actively manage internal and external resources; and review work papers to determine completion and adherence to standards
- Improve Audit and Risk Management methodology based on trends and technical advances and continuous process & organizational improvements
- Prepare summary of results/status and assist with Management and Audit Committee reports.
What we're looking for.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance, Mathematics, or Business Administration. Professional certification a plus (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, etc.)
- 6+ years of relevant and progressive experience in audit and/or Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls
- Detailed knowledge of risk assessment, accounting and auditing principles; understanding of internal control framework concepts, including Sarbanes-Oxley, Model Audit Rule, and GAAP
- Advanced ability to evaluate the materiality of issues and see the big picture. Ability to utilize critical thinking by applying process analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving techniques
- Advanced ability to write and edit clear and concise work papers and Reports.
- Ability to build productive working relationships with management, co-workers and external parties.
- Advanced skills on MS Office applications; Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance software a plus
- Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel (10%-20%) if required
Back to top