Director, Internal Audit (Property & Casualty Insurance)
About the role.
PURE Insurance is seeking a highly engaged and experienced audit professional with strong technical and interpersonal competencies to contribute to the Internal Audit Team's mission of being a value added trusted advisor and key contributor to the achievement of the PURE's strategic goals. This role will provide objective assurance and advisory services in relation to PURE's risk management practices and apply a disciplined and unbiased approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of key processes and controls while protecting the assets and reputation of PURE. Director, Internal Audit will report to the Head of Internal Audit (HoIA) and will be based at our White Plains, NY headquarters.
What you'll do.
- Assist HoIA develop & execute a risk-based audit plan. Perform annual risk assessment by identifying current and emerging trends, industry and regulatory risks, and insights from Management.
- Lead the full audit lifecycle (planning, testing, issue identification, and reporting) for audit engagements in the personal property & casualty businesses.
- Independently assesses the effectiveness of Internal Controls, determines potential impact of control failures and recommends corrective actions to Business Managers
- Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices, and PURE's Audit's methodology
- Actively manage internal and external resources during audit engagements; review work papers to determine completion and adherence to standards; and write audit reports with minimal supervision
- Provide strategic advice to management using internal audit skills that help preserve or improve enterprise value of PURE.
- Proactively train and develop staff in the application of audit and risk assessment techniques and accounting principles as well as provide guidance, support and constructive feedback to team members
- Improve Audit and Risk Management methodology based on trends and technical advances and continuous Audit process & organizational improvements
- Prepare quarterly audit results summary and assist prepare Management and Audit Committee reports.
What we're looking for.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance, Mathematics, or Business Administration. Professional certification a plus (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, etc.)
- 8+ years progressive Audit experience and knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance
- Thorough knowledge of risk assessment, accounting and auditing principles; understanding of internal control framework concepts, including Sarbanes-Oxley, Model Audit Rule, and GAAP best practices
- Advanced ability to evaluate the materiality of issues and see the big picture. Ability to utilize critical thinking by applying process analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving techniques
- Ability to work on multiple audits concurrently including and special projects not related to specific audits
- Advanced ability to write and edit clear and concise work papers and Audit Reports.
- Ability to build productive working relationships with co-workers, management and external parties.
- Advanced skills on MS Office applications; working knowledge on Audit software such as TeamMate; and Proficiency in data analytics.
- Ability to travel (15%-25%) if required
Back to top