About the role.
The Corporate Paralegal will work within our Legal & Compliance Department and with various Departments throughout the Company. This is a dynamic position for a self-starting, intellectually curious legal analyst/paralegal who is willing to dive into a number of projects while at the same time independently handling ordinary matters needed to support the day-to-day operations of the Company.
What you'll do.
- Assist with Board and corporate governance matters
- Research laws and regulations typically related to insurance and corporate governance
- Help prepare and file regulatory filings, such as insurance holding company and affiliated party filings, and help respond to regulatory inquires
- Draft correspondence, letters and memoranda
- Maintain Department Compliance calendar to assure regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Independently prioritize and respond to a wide range of questions from business partners
- Maintain and improve logs to track vendor contracts, regulatory inquires, subpoena and other matters
- Compile information from internal and external sources to develop matrices and overviews
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing and leveraging information
What we're looking for.
- 7+ years of experience within the legal department of a property & casualty insurance company Bachelor's degree required
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, Excel, Westlaw, ODEN, and BoardVantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, curious and willing to develop stretch skills
- Excellent deadline management, analytical and research skills
- Applies emotional intelligence skills in all aspects of work
- Highly detailed and organized, capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and consistently delivers good results
- Internally and externally customer focused
- Licensed notary is preferred but not required