Compliance Manager - MGU/Surplus Lines
About the role.
We are seeking a Compliance Manager to join the team that is building out PURE Programs, LLC, a Managing General Underwriter, that is specifically designed for successful individuals and families with unique exposures that require an Excess & Surplus (E&S) solution and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Privilege Underwriters, Inc., both members of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies.
The Compliance Manager will report to the Associate General Counsel, with a dual report to the General Manager of PURE Programs. The Compliance and Reporting team will report directly to the Compliance Manager.
What you'll do.
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for overseeing PURE Programs Compliance function, including, but not limited to:
- Identifying, analyzing and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws (e.g. surplus lines tax issues, diligent search requirements, individual and entity licensing, and applicability of laws to surplus lines products);
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance with all contracts and agreements (e.g. program administer agreements, claim agreements and reinsurance agreements); and
- Creating, reviewing and ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures (e.g. procedures for entering new states, audits and marketing guidelines).
- Identifying, documenting processes and overseeing compliance with all reporting requirements (e.g. bordereau reporting to carriers, data reporting and necessary document reporting to regulators)
What we're looking for.
- 7 to 12 years of surplus lines / non-admitted experience at an MGU or carrier working in a legal or compliance function;
- Property & casualty experience, preferably personal lines;
- Management experience, and
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing projects.
Back to top