About the role.
The Claim Analyst is a key member of the claims team reporting to the Casualty Manager of the associated zone. The primary goal of this position is to deliver flawless service to our members and independent agency partners. This person will handle first and third party claims in a quality manner and meet our high standards of accuracy, efficiency, quality customer service and regulatory compliance.
What you'll do.
- Resolve claims and respond to inquiries involving members, agents, vendors (independent adjusters/appraisers, salvage rental car agencies), defense and plaintiff attorneys.
- First notice of loss and claim assignment.
- Handle complex bodily injury and coverage claims.
- Handle litigated files as well as files that involve arbitration and mediation
- Handle subrogation on closed files.
- Make appropriate coverage determinations, reserve and resolve claims within prescribed authority levels, handle status updates with agents and members, all with a focus on timeliness.
- Appropriately manage vendor activities.
- Manage reports used in meetings to review results with underwriting and senior management.
- Processes transactions in claim and policy administration system, inputs claim data for reporting purposes.
What we're looking for.
- 8+ years of direct Property and Casualty Insurance experience.
- Experience in handling litigated files, complex bodily injury and complex coverage claims
- Prior experience in a fast paced environment where multitasking and organizational skills are required.
- Working knowledge of excel, word, and email applications.
- Experience within the high net worth industry a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly detailed and organized, capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and assuring consistently high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, exhibit team spirit and enthusiasm, and establish trust and credibility.
- Agile learner who can quickly absorb information and apply it to current business situations.
Back to top