Auto Damage Specialist
About the role.
Privilege Underwriters, Inc. is the insurance holding company dedicated to creating an exceptional experience for responsible high net worth individuals and families that are members of Privilege Underwriters Reciprocal Exchange (PURE). The Auto Damage Specialist is a key member of the Claims team based in the New York metro area reporting to the Director, Auto Physical Damage.
What you'll do.
- Complete both frontline appraisals as well as desk and physical re-inspections of externally sourced appraisals.
- Handle auto appraisal, re-inspection requests, and all claim matters in a quality manner delivering on standards of accuracy, efficiency, customer service and regulatory compliance
- Review vehicle appraisals to ensure proper compliance with PURE's auto appraisal standards.
- Provide claims department with expert advice on all aspects of vehicle repair and Auto Physical Damage claim settlement matters.
- Assist with Auto Physical Damage subrogation.
- Report on key metrics as requested by management.
- Willingness to respond to catastrophe events
- Assist with the training of internal staff.
- Assist with expectation management and the training of external auto appraisal vendors and repair facilities.
- Assist with SIU investigations and actively monitor for fraudulent activities.
- Travel to repair shops to handle issues around non-agreed price, repair delays and repair quality or repair concerns.
- Other duties and activities as requested by your manager
What we're looking for.
- 10+ years of auto appraisal experience.
- 2+ years of auto damage claim handling experience
- 2+ years of supervisory/leadership experience desirable.
- Strong with Auto Physical Damage competency with specialty, collector and exotic vehicles.
- Strong competency with Personal Auto policy coverage.
- Outstanding Auto Physical Damage technical claims skills and subject matter expertise.
- Superior customer service skill set.
- Knowledge of automated claim appraisal systems and overall claim operations
- I-Car Platinum Individual.
- ASE B-6 Certification for "Damage Analysis & Estimating" (or willingness to pursue)
- Thorough understanding of automobile terminology, construction and repair.
- State adjuster licenses, auto appraiser licenses and CE credits must be maintained as required by state regulations.
- Strong relationship management and customer services skills. Excellent interpersonal, listening, organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a rapid growth environment and adapt rapidly to change.
- Attention to detail, analytical and solid problem solving skills; proficient in excel, word, and web applications
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, exhibit team spirit and enthusiasm, and establish trust
- Agile learner who can quickly absorb information and apply it to current business situations.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Travel as needed for meetings, training, catastrophe duty, and role related activities.
- Proficient in CCC One estimating system.
- Proficient in CCC TLE.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 14 days per month. Some of this travel may require overnight stays.
Back to top