Actuary, Economic Capital Modeling
- Bemidji, MN
About the role.
This is a unique opportunity for an Actuary to support and drive economic capital modeling needs of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies. Models need to be constructed and maintained for both admitted and non-admitted platforms, along with financial modeling of the holding company. The position offers an immediate opportunity to apply analytical and problem solving skills to support the company's meaningful growth and profit objectives.
What you'll do.
- Build an economic capital modeling framework in conjunction with the Chief Risk Officer
- Incorporate capital consumption metrics into pricing models and aggregate management decisions
- Assist with reinsurance strategy and analysis
- Prepare exhibits, presentations and other documents necessary to communicate strategic initiatives to other departments, our parent company Tokio Marine, and external constituents
- Assist in enhancing our ERM framework and ORSA report
- Work in concert with the Product Development and Actuarial teams to help execute strategic direction of the company
What we're looking for.
- 3-7 years of relevant experience
- Successfully completed a minimum of 4 actuarial exams and actively pursuing the FCAS designation
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or related field
- Experience using software to extract, analyze, organize and communicate data to support decision-making
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Intelligent, curious and self-driven
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with economic capital modeling a plus
- Analyst experience in personal lines insurance a plus
Back to top