About the role.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with "can-do" attitude and strong work ethic with knowledge and experience of superior analytical and problem-solving skills to find solutions to various accounting problems. In this role, you will be an integral part of the team, providing important deliverables to senior leadership.
What you'll do.
- Manage and Reconcile Cash accounts from multiple sources
- Book Monthly commission revenues and expense
- Process commission payments to the brokers
- Process month end journal entries
- Prepare employee reimbursement file
- Participate in system integration testing and ensure effective migration to new system processes and procedures when needed
- Interact with the Technology department to ensure the reliability of the systems
Responsible for ensuring the following tasks are completed by the Accounts Receivable team:
- Customer payments received in various forms are posted to accounts receivable balances timely and accurately. Process them through Panini machine to deposit in bank
- Return item sources are investigated, timely disputed if applicable, and processed within the internal cash management systems to reinstate customer balances as necessary to facilitate reconciliation with bank balances
- Customer refunds are researched, reviewed and processed timely and properly recorded against the customer's account
- Manage a daily case and workload from other departments with billing requests using Salesforce
What we're looking for.
- A Bachelor's Degree from accredited college in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Minimum 3.2 undergraduate GPA
- 1-3 years of prior accounting experience preferred, but we would also consider exceptional entry-level candidates
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite.
- High level of proficiency in Excel, including experience working with pivot tables and vlookup.
- Basic MS Access knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of cloud based accounting platforms [Intacct knowledge a plus]
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Duck Creek Billing knowledge a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Highest level of integrity and honesty
- Confident, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Is eager to develop new skills and enhance expertise
- Strong analytical capabilities with a curiosity for finding the answers to questions
Meet Some of PURE Insurance's Employees
Ross B.President & CEO
Ross is the founder and CEO of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies. Under his leadership, the company has experienced unprecedented growth since 2006 and has earned recognition for its company culture, innovative products, and more.
Back to top