Sr Paralegal - Field
The real estate paralegal in this position will report and work directly with the Vice President and Area General Counsel for the Central Region to provide assistance to all areas of the company as required.
Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
- Preparation of "first draft" of land acquisition contracts and related documents.
- Review and analysis of title reports and surveys.
- Communication with division personnel and issue resolution.
- Draft title objection letters, closing instruction letters, contract amendments and other transactional documents.
- Preparation of homeowner association documents and summaries, community disclosures and other community documents.
- Preparation of contract summaries
- Assist homebuilding divisions with all facets of land acquisition and development process.
- Maintenance of regional transaction files (including contract forms files, regional and corporate policies and procedures) and computer data base for transactions.
- Coordinate, supervise and attend closings, if needed.
Contributes by working independently but under the supervision and direction of the Vice President and Area General Counsel.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree and Paralegal Certificate from ABA approved school
- Minimum 5 to 7 years paralegal/legal assistant in real estate
- Strong experience in real estate and title and survey review required
- Contract drafting skills and experience preferred
- Broad knowledge of commercial law in the areas of litigation, construction, contract and real estate required.
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize and meet deadlines
- High level of initiative - self-starter, willing to work independently but also able to be supervised
- Highly resourceful
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High level of people skills
- Ability to listen, think creatively, analyze and resolve problems
- Careful and detail oriented
- Must have ability to communicate clearly with courtesy and tact, both orally and in writing, and to read and analyze legal material and other data.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities for multiple divisions/ internal clients.
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to follow-up on outstanding matters
- Strong computer and word processing skills
- A successful candidate will likely be currently working in the land acquisition department of a corporate legal department, the commercial real estate department of a large law firm or a title insurance company. Accuracy and the ability to draft documents and handle projects independently are required.
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Quality Assurance Analyst
With an ear for detail, Maria listens to customer service calls with borrowers, analyzes feedback surveys, and works with internal teams to find new ways to improve the customer experience.
Back to top