Sr Field Mgr
We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America's top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people.
At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
Responsible for managing the activities of Field Managers in the completion of construction projects and ensuring construction schedules, safety, SWPPP, quality standards, and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process.
- Manage production schedules and job progress to ensure adherence to standards. Ensure all homes are 100% complete before the established pre-occupancy orientation date
- Work with team to share feedback and improve planning activities
- Monitor and perform quality control processes, ensuring compliance with safety and SWPPP programs and policies
- Assist in reviewing architectural designs and plans complying with local, state and national building codes, life safety codes, ADA regulations, and zoning regulations
- Manage customer relationships and partner with Field Manager to address escalated homeowner concerns during the construction process through close.
- Resolve issues/conflicts related to daily construction activities (e.g., vendor contracts, work orders, job progress, design)
- Authorize payment for materials received and work completed
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure work is completed on time and within defined standards for quality.
- Assist n the development of overhead budgets and manage OH costs on a community level.
- Assist in the development of community PLDA budgets and validate costs on a community level.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES LEVEL:
MENTOR / COACH / FEEDBACK
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
- Decision Impact: Division
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: Yes
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: Yes
- Physical Requirements: If applicable
(degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction or Engineering preferred
- Valid Driver's License because driving is an essential function of this position.
(work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.):
- Minimum of 4+years construction experience or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years at Field Manager III or equivalent
- Ability to manage construction processes in a high production environment
- Ability to manage trade performance
- Ability to control cost overruns and manage a budget
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Strong ability to read blueprints
- Strong knowledge of municipal permitting and regulations
- Strong knowledge of building codes
- Strong knowledge of construction-related software (E-Schedule)
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Quality Assurance Analyst
With an ear for detail, Maria listens to customer service calls with borrowers, analyzes feedback surveys, and works with internal teams to find new ways to improve the customer experience.
Back to top