Sr Field Estimator (ZONE)
Primarily responsible for being the conduit between field execution and all work product produced out of the Architectural services group. This includes documenting plan and quantity errors, verifying material usages and plan adherence in field execution.
- Be a liaison between field construction operations and Architectural Services Group.
- Review and approve all EPO activity related to or charged to plan errors and or quantity errors. Utilize change management process to institute and track all Architectural Services items.
- Check all completed estimates through field verifications, focusing on accurate quantities
- Coordinate with external Engineering consults to address alignment of plans with engineering.
- Assist Zone Estimator in providing take-off / field verification support, as needed.
- Coordinate with Zone, Division purchasing personnel and trade partners as needed
- Communicate assigned project schedules weekly with Zone Director of Product
Level: Mentor / Coach / Feedback
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
(Decision making, size of organization, budgetary, etc.)
- Decision Impact: Department
- Department Responsibility: Single
- Budgetary Responsibility: No
- Direct Reports: Yes
- Indirect Reports: No
(Degree, licenses, certifications, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Valid Driver's License because driving is an essential function of this position.
(Work related, tools/equipment, software, etc.)
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum 2+ years construction field experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of residential construction techniques, construction documents, building codes as well as technical and procedural knowledge of activities related to home building construction, including understanding plans & specs.
- Knowledge of structural elements and product installation means and methods
- Knowledge of lean, value engineering and costing principles and practices a plus
- High level of Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Ability and Knowledge to direct total plan, detailed estimates and to direct estimating process that follows estimating documentation methods developed for the department.
- Proficient in time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Purchasing and supply chain experience is a plus
- Product development of residential product, BIM exposure/experience , minor CAD knowledge preferred
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Quality Assurance Analyst
With an ear for detail, Maria listens to customer service calls with borrowers, analyzes feedback surveys, and works with internal teams to find new ways to improve the customer experience.
Back to top