Solutions Architect - .NET and Web Software Development
The Pulte Financial Services (PFS) Information Systems group is seeking a Solutions Architect of .NET and Web Software Development. The Solutions Architect will serve as a hands-on technology leader with expertise in custom development of web applications and enterprise services built on a .NET platform. Solutions Architects play a critical leadership role in enabling Pulte Financial Services to build the strategic technology initiatives such as Customer Digital Experience on the web and mobile, point-of-sale solutions, etc. Job responsibilities include filling the Scrum Master and Solutions Architect roles on a team using Agile methodologies, ensuring other developers on the team are adhering to technical and functional architectural standards, collaborating with other Architects, Product Owners, Product Managers, stakeholders, and other teams to ensure the strategic vision of the team’s systems is realized.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the full lifecycle development process including Agile methodologies, understanding business and functional requirements, developing detailed technical designs, coordinating and implementing testable solutions, supporting roll out to the business, and providing production support.
Background and Experience Required:
- 10+ years of professional software development experience building and testing Web Services, Windows Services and shared .NET C# class libraries
- Oversee the development activities of a team of 1-3 of .NET application developers and/or graphic designers (may include contractors)
- Experience acting as Scrum Master of an Agile Team
- Participate in strategic cross-project planning and release planning activities
- Ability to assess and communicate progress, open points and issues related to own team
- Coordinate with other Solutions Architects
- Ensure implementation of technical requirements
- Coordinate and participate in the development of logical and detailed design deliverables (e.g.: storyboards, activity/state diagrams, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.) for application components based on enterprise conceptual designs
- Involve enterprise architects (functional architect and technical architect) in reviews throughout the project as well as when new patterns are identified
- Mentor and assist developers in the implementation of detailed designs and patterns
- Participate in the building and testing of own team’s applications (web applications and .NET services)
- Troubleshoot and support system testing, user acceptance testing, and roll-out efforts
- Ability to manage and provide production support during business hours as well as on-call hours
- Enthusiastic, high-energy, and team-player personality
- High-productivity development track record
- Mortgage industry experience would be a plus
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: Experience documenting analysis and design using OOA/OOD models (e.g. class diagrams, etc.)
- Web (Look & Feel) Design: Experience collaborating with business and analysts and graphical designers to design and implement a site's look and feel.
- UML: Ability to create UML models, e.g.: use case diagrams, use cases, class diagrams, and sequence or collaboration diagrams.
- Enterprise Design Patterns: Experience applying enterprise patterns (layered architecture, Microsoft enterprise patterns).
- C# .NET Application Development - 5-10+ years experience.
- .NET 4 Framework: 5-10+ years experience using all major core classes of the .NET framework.
- SQL & SQL Server: 5-10+ years experience creating and maintaining database schemas and stored procedures.
- Web Services (ASMX / WCF): 5+ years creating .ASMX or WCF Web Services.
- XML (DTD & XML Schema & XSLT): 5+ years experience creating DTDs, XML Schemas, parsing and creating complex XML documents, creating and applying XSLT transformations.
- Queuing (MSMQ): 3-5 years experience with writing / reading messages to/from message queues
- C#-based Windows Services: 3-5 years experience implementing Windows Services
- Business Process Management Architecture: 1-3 years experience implementing business process management (BPM) applications on top of a product like IBM Business Process Manager or equivalent.
All employees must be committed to fair and nondiscriminatory lending, in conformity with the Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Housing acts, and to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies. Employees must act responsibly in their efforts to provide financial services to Pulte customers and to provide support to Pulte’s core purposes.
Back to top