Settlement / Escrow Officer
Primaryresponsibility for performing tasks related to settlement operations retailtransactions.
- Act asliaison between all parties to the transaction (homebuyer, builder, lender,realtor, etc.). Serve as point of contact for all parties to the transactionincluding homebuyer, mortgage, accounting and other areas within the Title& Settlement process.
- Handle allaspects of settlement transactions including preparing HUD statement,preparation and coordination of deeds, verifying accuracy of loan documents,insurance documentation and seller statements and contract or sales agreement.
- Obtainsignatures for closing transactions, explain all documents executed as needed,and facilitate questions/answers between parties to the transaction
- Review andapprove checks and/or wire transfers. Review final disbursement summary and ledgerupon completion of funding.
- Review escrowaccounting reports and resolve any outstanding check or open file balanceissues
- Perform allother duties as assigned
- DecisionImpact: Dept.
- DepartmentResponsibility: Single
- BudgetaryResponsibility: No
- DirectReports: No
- IndirectReports: No
- PhysicalRequirements: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25
- pounds; andon occasions up to 50 pounds
- Minimum HighSchool diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- SoftproSelect systems proficiency a plus
- Notary Public
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- RelatedFunctional Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years experience in title & escrowinsurance.
- Experience intitle insurance and real estate settlement procedures, including HUDstatements, loan documents, etc.
- Comprehensiveunderstanding of state vesting and holding title requirements
- Effectivecommunication, presentation and organizational skills
- Knowledge ofreal state law, abstracting and examination
- MicrosoftOffice software skills
Allemployees must be committed to fair and nondiscriminatory lending, inconformity with the Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Housing acts, and tocompliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies. Employees must act responsibly in their efforts to provide financial servicesto Pulte customers and to provide support to Pulte’s core purposes.
Back to top