Senior Manager Tax Planning & Research
We know that BUILDING HOMES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would like to be a part of a team that, “Builds Consumer Inspired Homes and Communities to make lives better!” PulteGroup has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years. Today, PulteGroup operates in approximately 50 markets throughout the country. Pulte has been ranked the highest homebuilder in previous years on the Fortune 500 list. We believe that success starts with having the right people – those who have the right attitude and aptitude. We seek out goal-oriented professionals who are creators, leaders and pioneers. If you are interested in being a part of the Pulte team, let’s talk about your career with PulteGroup!
We’re searching for a strategic addition to our tax department who will be responsible for tax research and planning, tax controversies and special projects. Are you an analytical individual with strong quantitative and qualitative technical and communication skills? This position is responsible for federal and state & local tax research and strategic planning. Analyzes and interprets tax law and develops tax minimization strategies that manage risk and align with Company objectives. Monitors, evaluates and communicates impact of proposed or enacted changes in tax laws. Provides information and analysis on tax implications of significant transactions including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, financing, and compensation-related issues. Maintains overall SOX compliance. Adheres to Company tax policies, practices and procedures. Works with limited supervision in a collaborative environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Research, analyze and implement tax planning strategies to reduce the Company’s effective tax rate and minimize cash tax outlay, including tax loss utilization, debt restructurings, accounting method changes, tax credits, mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, reorganizations, transaction cost analysis, cash tax payment deferrals, and additional projects. Create appropriate level of documentation to support analyses, decisions, and conclusions.
- Provide all business units with tax support and consultation on strategic initiatives; communicate tax requirements related to current and future business plans.
- Monitor proposed tax legislation and analyze new laws and regulations; effectively communicate relevant developments within the Tax Department.
- Partner with income tax compliance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting related to legislative and strategic changes.
- Maintain current tax advantaged structures.
- Provide research assistance, guidance and recommendations on tax related matters as requested.
- Serve as liaison to research database vendors.
- Work with tax accounting to identify and record ASC 740 impacts associated with the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Identify critical tax risks and issues by remaining current with Company and industry developments.
- Work with Legal Department to design and maintain legal entity organizational structure.
- Develop and foster internal and external business networks to enhance business and industry knowledge.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of Company’s tax footprint and legal structure, and identify tax opportunities available through the potential restructuring, dissolving or merging of existing entities.
- Manage workload independently by monitoring and meeting all deadlines, while frequently apprising other team members of project status and problems encountered.
- Conduct ongoing review of existing business processes and tools; identify and implement innovative, technology-based business solutions.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration in which employees demonstrate teamwork, support cross-functional responsibilities, and contribute to the professional development of peers.
- Assist in the development and implementation of department policies.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Review and adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Abide by and demonstrate the Company’s mission, vision and values through both individual behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
What are we looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and current CPA license, or JD and LLM in Taxation
- Masters of Accounting or Tax preferred
- Minimum eight (8) years tax accounting experience including five (5) years in tax research & planning for corporations and partnerships
- Big Four accounting or large industry accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of federal income taxation and broad experience with state & local tax issues and planning strategies
- Extensive knowledge of strategic tax initiatives and experience translating knowledge into actionable projects
- Proven track record managing complex projects and competing deadlines
- Understanding of professional accounting and financial reporting systems
- Able to communicate highly technical issues and simplify complex matters for non-subject matter experts
- Able to develop & implement new business processes
- Able to drive change throughout the organization
- Able to identify and manage execution risk
- Able to manage multiple & competing priorities within time-sensitive deadlines
- Critical thinker with high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Exceptional tax research & planning skills
- Insists on accountability in self & others
- Possesses high degree of integrity & business ethics
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio
- Strong analytical, research and innovative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Team oriented but able to work independently
- Thinks strategically but stays on top of tactical execution
Meet Some of Pulte Mortgage's Employees
Operations Production Specialist
Ben oversees the loan pipeline, prioritizing in order to ensure that everything runs according to the schedule—and that all customer needs are met.
Back to top