Senior Accountant NFS
We know that BUILDING HOMES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM! PulteGroup has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years and has delivered over 625,000 homes. We “Build Consumer Inspired Homes and Communities to Make Lives Better!” Today, PulteGroup, a member of the S&P 500 Index, operates in approximately 50 markets across the country and is one of the largest U.S. homebuilders by volume. We believe that success starts with having the right people – those who have the right attitude and aptitude. We seek out goal-oriented professionals who are creators, leaders, and pioneers.
Are you a high-energy finance or accounting professional with 3 years of finance or accounting experience?If you enjoy critical analysis of facts to ensure that the proper accounting action is applied. If you are a strong communicator, relationship builder, collaborator, and the ability to work with various partners to build and maintain strong working relationships with operational clients and accounting/finance team members, then this position is for you! You will be responsible for preparing various accounting statements and reports, analyzes financial reports, and makes appropriate recommendations.
You will be responsible for:
- Executes the month-end/general ledger/activity module close process.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements and analysis, including special financial reports as requested.
- Prepares and verifies accuracy of monthly journal entries and accounting classifications. Makes recommendations as to accounting reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Prepares intracompany transfer requests and maintains intracompany balance sheet accounts.
- Maintains accuracy of fixed asset management system.
- Reviews and analyzes the backlog report throughout the building process.
- Reviews house cost control sheets and closed home journal entries.
- Reviews department overhead expense accounts for completeness and accuracy and reports results to division department managers.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, areas, and/or divisions.
- Maintains and segregates Sarbanes-Oxley documentation.
- Assists with the preparation of annual tax packets.
- Other duties and projects as they arise.
What are we looking for:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 3 years of accounting or finance experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Back to top